Chapter Nineteen

I softly closed my bedroom door and leaned against it

I softly closed my bedroom door and leaned against it. I stood there for a couple of minutes completely still.

Take a fucking shower, wash the filth off yourself!

His words rang in my head again and again like a broken siren on a loop. Was he that disgusted by me just because I spent the night over at the frat house? I didn't do anything and I know that Liam hadn't done anything to me either.

It hurt to think the way he was looking at me like he hated me like I repulsed him. Swallowing back the swell of nausea, I walked to the closet. I took out a white dress, clean underwear, and a bra.

I desperately needed a shower.

I made my way straight to the bathroom and grimaced the second I saw myself. My hair was all messed up because I slept with incredibly wet hair last night, my mascara was running down my cheek and my lipstick was smudged. I looked like something out of a horror movie.

I took off his coat and the two-piece bikini, and I filled the bathtub with warm water. I climbed into the tub not caring about the water that splashed out of the tub when I got in. I'm too exhausted and my head throbbed every single time I moved.

I scrubbed and washed off my body, and cleaned the smudged makeup. I stepped out of the bathtub and dried myself off with a towel. I changed into clean clothes and sat down at the edge of the bed, I fiddled with my fingers. I didn't want to go to his office, I didn't want to face him or talk to him. For some reason, Nikolai scared me right now.

I knew now what he did for a living, although that didn't really scare me, what scared me was the look on his face when he saw me in bed with Liam. It was anger, disgust, and hostility all warped up together in his eyes, darkening them. 

A knock on the door startled me, I jumped up to my feet and looked at the door.

"Don Niko is expecting you" a faint voice of a maid came from the other side of the door.

With trembling legs, I made my way to the door, unlocked it, and stepped out. The maid was no longer here, she had delivered her message and left. I descended the stairs and in a second I found myself right outside his study.

I turned the doorknob and the door creaked open. Holding my breath I stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

His back was facing me and I was glad I didn't have to look into his poisonous gaze. "Nikolai..."

"You left the house at night," he started and goosebumps rose on my entire body. "You lied to Marco, forged a text, got drunk, you didn't pick up my calls the whole night and then in the fucking morning I find you in bed with some motherfucker..." he turned and I instinctively took a step back.

"I... I just went to a party..." I whispered.

He tilted his head to the side menacingly, I swallowed as I took in the expression on his face. "What the fuck did you just say?"