Chapter One Hundred And Six

"Evangeline

"Evangeline..." Scott lightly tapped her face. "Come on, sweet cheeks, you're stronger than that," his voice was desperate, pleading.

My feet were glued to the ground, my mind had stopped working. My body was in complete paralysis, and my brain stuttered.

I was struggling to breathe. I just fucking saw the woman I love getting shot... twice and I did nothing to stop it. My mind had completely shut down when the first bullet left the barrel and connected her skin.

I lost her.

I lost her.

I lost her.

I lost my wife.

I didn't want her to die, no, I don't want her to die. I have no fucking idea what I will do without her.

I saw him shooting her, not once but twice and I just stood there. My hands shook as I looked down at the gun in my hand, my fingers loosened around it and it dropped to the floor with a thud. I was trembling, shaking. I have never felt this way before. I have never felt this unbearable, agonizing pain in my chest before. My lungs felt like they had filled up with water, and I felt like I was struggling to breathe - why did I not do anything to stop it?

Someone pushed me out of the way and went to her. Lorenzo, it was Lorenzo. He limped over to her and pulled her out of Scott's arms, crouching down beside her limp body.

He checked her pulse and a hopeful smile pulled over his lips, "She's alive, she is still here," his voice echoed in my head.

I blinked.

Shook my head, side to side, to get back to reality.

"Marco, fucking get her to a hospital!" Scott shouted holding his injured leg, another echo.

I just stood there and watched as they yelled out instructions to one another, taking all the wounded people to the hospital. There was a burn in my eyes that I couldn't seem to get rid of.

Marco picked her up, Scott and Lorenzo were wounded, so they couldn't. I watched as her arm dangled and blood dropped down to the floor through her delicate fingers. There was no strength in her body. My eyes followed as they ran past me, taking her out of the doors.

Everyone around me started to leave, Marco had taken her out of here. I heard the revving of the car engines before multiple cars drove away.

A stabbing pain went through my heart. A restlessness gnawed at my chest, fear ghosted over my skin, raising the hair on my body.

I stared at the puddle of blood where her body had been laying a few minutes ago. I let it happen, Scott was the one that saved her, Scott was the one who killed him; Scott went to her aid first while I stood there...

Even though the betrayal was still there but I didn't fucking had it in me to hurt her in any way. I pushed her back and even that made my hand burn.

"Don Niko, you're bleeding," a voice resounded in my head, I frowned and looked at the man before me.