《𝟘𝟞: 𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕝: 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠》

He somehow managed to escape, he internally thanked Uraraka for convincing the girls to let him go to continue his job.

Susumu already knew from the beginning this wouldn't help him to get much information. To be honest, the only reason he pursued the plan was that he wanted an excuse to talk with All Might's successor. Susumu believes he knows everything about Midoriya because of the research he conducted, afterward, he became confident that Midoriya isn't the traitor but Susumu would like to speak to him to confirm. But it seems it was all useless since he wasn't anywhere to be found. Susumu suspects he's either with Shouto or Bakugou since neither of them was also nowhere to be found.

Now thinking about it, this plan was stupid, to begin with. He was never going to receive any useful information to begin with. Nezu must've known of this... Susumu now understood why Nezu was giving a strange grin.

Although he hasn't finished his 'job', he no longer cares. He gives up. He's currently on his way to find Aizawa or Nezu to drop off the cart and go home.

On his way, he spots someone he found intriguing, the only student who managed to rise to the final rounds from the general department; Shinso Hitoshi. He's sitting down on a bench all by himself, it looks like he's in deep concentration, no doubt thinking about the upcoming battle.

In general, Susumu isn't a big fan of quirks, especially powerful and destructive quirks. He prefers more practical and convenient quirks such as Yaoyorozu.

Shinso didn't notice the young boy, nor did he notice him approaching. It wasn't until Susumu held the water bottle in front of him did Shinso realize he was no longer alone. Unlike his encounter with the girls, he wasn't embarrassed at all and was completely calm. "You did well out there, I'll root for you."

Shinso looks at Susumu, completely shocked and confused. "You'll... root for me...?"

Susumu nodded, "I really like your quirk, it's cool."

He scoffs before accepting the water bottle, "you didn't even see me use it."

"But I did, I saw you use your quirk on your teammates and you use it against that team to steal their points."

Shinso, once again, looks shocked. "You saw that?" Susumu nodded again.

Susumu might've been the only person who noticed Shinso during the calvary race and figured out his quirk; brainwashing. Although he technically was in a meeting with All Might, he also watched the game. He paid attention to the entire arena, while everyone else focused on the million points, Susumu watched for anything interesting.

It's how he noticed Shinso.

He noticed how unnatural his teammates moved; he saw how they dragged their feet, how their faces were all blank, and how they didn't communicate with each other at all. He continues to watch and eventually sees Shinso using his quirk against team Tetsutetsu to gain their points, securing them in third place.