Not-So-Sweet Charity

Y/n was at Get Sporty, in the cafe with Mae and Dawn. They were sitting by the counter, doing some homework. The girls were pretty focused, but when the boys ran over to Tom - who was standing behind the counter - they got distracted.

"Hey Dad? Remember how mad you were when the dog groomers next door dumped all their old dog hair in our dumpster?" Nicky asked. Tom's facial expression immediately turned angry.

"Those hair-dumping Montagellis." He replied angrily, and grabbed a ketchup bottle.

"And remember how when they went on vacation we got revenge by shoving tuna salad in their mail slot?" Ricky asked.

"Those tuna-salad-stinking Montagallis." Tom replied angrily and grabbed another ketchup bottle with his other hand.

"And remember how you said you'd flip out if the Montagellis ever came in here again?" Dicky said, which made Tom frown. Then, Dicky pointed at the entrance of the store, where the Montagellis were standing.

"Those come-in-here-again Montagellis!" Tom now yelled, and squeezed the ketchup bottles in his hands. The boys jumped back so they wouldn't get ketchup all over them, and the kids all gasped at Tom's extreme reaction.

"He did say he'd flip out." Dawn said.

"He did not hold back." Y/n said, shaking her head with widened eyes.

"He's a man of his word." Mae added and nodded.

"Anne! The Montagellis are here!" Tom yelled to his wife.

She appeared behind the counter at the entrance of the store, holding a baseball bat.

"I knew it was Monta-smelly in here." She said, as the others walked over to the entrance to join her.

"What are you doing here, Monta-smellies?" Nicky asked patronizingly.

"Yeah, you know the rules. We're banned from the Groomers, and you're banned from Get Sporty." Dawn said, and waved them away.

"Look, we're only here because my dad wanted to make sure you guys got a package the mailman accidentally left with us." Joey - the son of the Montagellis - said.

"Oh, well, thank you." Tom replied as Joey's dad stepped over to him.

But instead of handing the package to him - which had a "fragile" sticker on it - he dropped it on the floor. Glass shattered, which made it clear that whatever was in there was now broken. Tom screamed.

"Mom, didn't the mailman leave a package here for the Montagellis?" Ricky asked, with a sweet tone in his voice. Anne smiled.

"Yes, he did. Thank you for reminding me." Anne replied and turned around to get the package. It also had a "fragile" sticker on it. And so, instead of giving it to the Montagellis, Anne first hit the package with her baseball bat.

"We loathe you, Harpers!" Joey's mother said with an angry tone and a disgusted expression on her face.

"We loathe you, Montagellis!" Tom replied angrily.

"Maybe you should loathe the mailman. He's clearly not very good at his job." Mae said, and y/n nodded in agreement.

"Beat it, Monta-smellies." Dawn said angrily, stepping over to Joey.

"Don't worry," Joey replied, stepping closer to her too. "No Montagelli would ever be anywhere near a Har-pooper."

********

"So when do you think we can tell our families about each other?" Joey asked Dawn. It was dark, and the two were in the alleyway behind Get Sporty.