Abrasquadabra

Y/n was sitting on the couch at the Harpers' house. She was sitting between Nicky and Dicky, watching Ricky do a magic trick.

"Ta-da! Thank you, thank you." He said after he pulled out a bouquet of flowers. The other four didn't look surprised or impressed at all, "And now, for The Amazing Rickini's next trick. . ."

"Oscar said he's gonna have a video game bus at his party." Nicky said when he turned to y/n and Dicky. The two nodded excitedly.

"And a chocolate fountain with all the dippins." Dawn added.

"Speaking of dippins, how about I dippins to this box and pull out another trick?" Ricky tried to catch their attention again and pulled out two rings that were stuck together. But the four weren't listening.

"Ooh, I heard karaoke is gonna be there." Dicky said to y/n, and she nodded excitedly again.

"Both of you don't like to sing." Dawn said confused, and Nicky frowned.

"No, he means Carrie Oakie." Y/n replied, and Dicky nodded with a grin.

"That cute girl from math class." He added and daydreamed about her. Nicky and y/n shared a look and laughed.

"Come on, guys, I need you to pay attention." Ricky said, and they all looked at him, "Magic's not magic without an audience. It's like the light in the fridge. Since there's no audience inside to see it, do we really know if it turns off when you close the door?" He asked and crossed his arms. The four all frowned and thought about it.

"You're right, we don't know." Dicky said, "Or do we? No, we don't. Or do we?"

"Now observe as I magically separate these rings." Ricky said and held the three rings again. He tried to pull them apart, but nothing happened. He awkwardly smiled and tried again.

"You know," Y/n said and stood up, "there is gonna be a magician at Oscar's party. Maybe you can ask him how to do that trick without the poo-poo face." She said and crossed her arms.

"First of all, this is not my poo-poo face," Ricky said, but his brothers and sister that were still sitting on the couch looked at each other and laughed, "And second, I've already got a whole list of questions prepared." He put the rings away and took a paper out of his magic box. "For example: When will I grow armpit hair?" He asked and immediately put the paper down as y/n frowned, "This list is for Dad."

Nicky stood up from the couch and looked at a little plastic bag with little pellets in them.

"What are those?" He asked.

"Smoke pellets." Ricky replied. The other four all stepped closer to the table to take a closer look.

"Ooh."

"Bup, bup, bup. They're not toys. They're an important part of a magician's toolbox. They create a cloud of smoke to distract the audience." Ricky explained. The other four all reached for the bag. "Mom and Dad said I can't use these in the house. What if they come in?"

"They won't." Dawn replied, "They're outside cleaning the gutters."

"We're not gonna leave you hanging." Dicky said, "If you get in trouble, we all get in trouble." He put his arm around Ricky.

"Yeah, we stick together. It's the Squad Code." Nicky added. Y/n nodded and smiled in agreement.

"All for Squad and Squad for All." Y/n said and motioned them all. Ricky sighed and smiled.

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Yes!"

"Now stand back and watch The Amazing Rickini make Squishy Paws disappear." He said and reached into the plastic bag, "Abracadabra, alakazam. . . In a puff of smoke, Squishy will scram!"