Mall in the Family

"Don't be afraid to sing, Dragon."

"But what if I burn someone?"

"But what if you don't?"

The five kids were watching a movie and play-backing along with the words. They had seen this movie too many times.

"So sing out loud, sing out proud! Every voice deserves a crowd, la, la, la, la."The kids sang out loud.

"Kids, who wants lunch?" Anne tried to catch their attention, but the kids kept singing.

"Every voice is beautiful. . . ."

"Grilled cheese okay?"

" La, la, la, la, la. . . . ."

"Oh, that Dragon Breath movie again." Anne whined as she leaned onto the counter. "I bet you'd listen if I talked like a dragon."

"Every song you sing is gold, every note you play is magical. . ."

"Apparently you won't." Anne closed the blinds.

"So sing out loud, sing out proud! Every voice deserves a crowd, la, la, la, la, la. . ." The kids sang as they were dancing along. Tom walked into the living room and sighed.

"I don't know what's more annoying, constantly being put on hold, or constantly hearing that song."

"So sing out loud, sing out proud! Every voice deserves a crowd, la, la, la, la, la!" Their singing became louder.

"Definitely that song." Tom answered his own question and walked on.

"Every voice is beautiful, la, la, la, la. Every noise is musical, la, la, la, la. . . ."

"Can you turn that off? I'm trying to hear the hold music!" Tom asked with a raised voice, trying to top the sound of the kids' singing. The kids stopped singing and looked at him.

"Hey, Dad, why don't you just go to the phone store at the mall? It'll be faster." Ricky suggested, as the kids all kept their eyes on the TV.

"That's a great idea. We're going to the mall." Anne said.

"Great, have fun." Y/n said, still keeping her eyes on the TV.

"You kids are coming with us." Anne replied.

"Ugh!" They all whined.

"Guys, you can't stay home alone, and you have seen this movie enough. Let's go." Anne grabbed the remote and turned the TV off.

"Ugh!" They whined again.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, your Mom's right." Tom said, "You need to get away from that Dragon Breath song."

Tom walked towards the door, but then the song played on his phone.

"Oh, no!" He hung up to stop the song. Anne and Tom sighed in relief.

"So sing out loud, sing out proud! Every voice deserves a crowd, la, la, la, la. . ." The kids started to sing instead. They danced out the door, and Tom and Anne sighed.

"Ugh!"

****Insert Intro Music****

"Okay, I'll get us a number." Tom said as they all walked into the phone store.

"Ugh!" The five kids whined.

"Fifty-one." Tom said as he showed Anne the number he had.

"Oh! See? We're only four numbers away." Anne said after she looked at the sign that said: "Now serving 47".