34

the whole ride back home was quite, as soon as they entered the apartment taehyung went straight to have a shower while jungkook unpacked all the food. the raven had a lot of questions but he could see taehyung was not in the right state of mind to talk about it. 

he could see that whoever that jackson guy was, he clearly hurt taehyung in the past. as soon as he saw taehyung trying to get out the males grip, he felt something stir in his stomach.  a pit of warm fire. he heard everything, their conversation. by the time taehyung walked out the bathroom, jungkook was sitting on his mattress. 

he looked up when he heard the bathroom door open and footsteps heading his way. his eyes landed on taehyung's teary eyes. it looked like he had been crying, his eyes followed him as he watched the male sit on the mattress. his eyes never leaving the males face. 

"you okay?" jungkook whispered, waiting for a reply but soon his heart stung when he watched taehyung's eyes get blurry, his lips quivering. it looked like he was trying to hold himself back from crying. 

jungkook stood up and sat down next to the male, pulling him towards his chest. he let taehyung cling onto him and let all his emotions out again. slowly rocking them side to side as he felt the brunette's grip get tighter. 

taehyung's eyes were shut tightly, trying to gather his breaths. he has not felt this way in such a long time. it has been awhile since he felt so threatened, scared, unsafe. all those memories flooding back in just by one conversation, one face. 

the raven noticed that taehyung had calmed down, when he said that he could talk about it if he want's to. taehyung nodded immediately. jungkook thought for a second that maybe he would move and then explain but the male stayed in his arms, eyes shut. 

"I met jackson in high school. we immediately fell for each other after one amazing conversation, we were so alike. we ended up dating and everything was really healthy and I was happy. he started to hang around different people as we got older and then he started to treat me differently"

"it grew worse after a party, I was s-sexually assaulted by one of his friends. he stood up for me and stopped it from happening before the guy could get my pants off. he lost a lot of friends that day and started to blame me for it afterwards"

"we a-argued heaps, he started getting really mad and brought up every little thing that I did that he did not like. started to rub in my face how rich he was, took all my money at times even though he got allowances from his parents"

"he started h-hitting me"

"t-trying to force himself on me, but I always fought back"

"it g-got so much to a point where I felt like my only escape was to end my own l-life"

"I grew paranoid after breaking up with him, him and his friends would stalk me. I had to stay at jimin's house for a month or two" 

"when we were in paris and that male entered the apartment, I found it so h-hard to sleep because it also brought back memories"

"s-seeing him today-" taehyung started, voice cracking at the end as he felt tears slide down his cheek. 

"when he grabbed me and would not let go" he whispered, shaking his head. 

"one of my biggest fears is seeing him, or getting into a relationship where I could get hurt like that again" 

jungkook felt his own eye sight get blurry, it hurt him hearing what taehyung has been through. 

"I dont want to be pitied, I just needed to l-let it all out" 

"I want you to know that with me in your life, I promise you that no one will ever be able to lay their hands on you with ill intent. I am your safety net now, no one will ever harm you" jungkook whispered looking down at taehyung who suddenly looked up at him. 

"why do you care so much?" 

"because I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you taehyung. I dont break my promises" was the last thing jungkook said before they both laid on the mattress. the raven listening to the soft breaths of taehyung, who fell asleep quickly in his arms.