Chapter 2: A Shocking Discovery

The three boys stood in front of Beverly Hills High School. "So, this is the high school," said Andrew. "Looks pretty decent."

"Oh, for now," said Richard, clenching his fists. "But we all know that inside are bullies, neglectful teachers, and a principal who doesn't care about the well-being of his students."

"Easy, Richard," said Benjamin with a small smile. "No need to get frustrated. We haven't even begun to attend the school yet! We need to get registered first. Maybe after we each get our first paychecks, we'll be able to buy a house!"

"I hope so," said Andrew. He was very excited to start his job. "Well, how about we take a walk? Get to know the city a little more?"

"Why not take the car?" Richard asked.

Andrew gave him a dead-panned look. "We've been riding in that thing for eight hours," he said. "Not counting the small food and bathroom breaks that we needed. My legs are stiff and I need to loosen them."

"That's a good point," said Benjamin. "I could use a walk. We can meet up back here in about... an hour or two."

"Okay, that sounds fine," said Richard with a sigh. "Let's go."

With that, the three friends set off. As they walked, they took the time to talk about their jobs.

"So, what job did you guys get?" Andrew asked.

"I got hired to work on equipment at the fitness center," said Richard. "They'll even let me use some of the workout equipment in the backroom during my break times! So, win win!"

"Cool," said Andrew with a smile. He then glanced at Benjamin. "How about you, Benjamin?"

"I got hired to be a tutor for students at the elementary school," said Benjamin with a smile. "I'm allowed to bring treats for struggling kids to encourage them to do well!"

Andrew smiled widely. "You, my friend, are a very good person," he said. "I know that kids are gonna love y-"

BUMP!!!

THUD!!!

Andrew was caught off guard when he bumped into someone and tumbled to the ground. He saw that the bump had made a mess. Paper and books were all around him. He immediately became nervous. "Oh, no," he said while panicking and picking up the mess that was made. "I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going. I was so busy talking to my friend that I didn't notice you! Please don't hit me!"

"Hit you?" Asked a female voice from in front of Andrew. It sounded confused and concerned. "Why on earth would I hit you for a small accident?"

Andrew got confused and looked up. What he saw made him gasp in awe as his cheeks turned bright pink. Standing in front of him was a very beautiful girl. She had reddish orange hair that went down behind her back to her waist and dark green eyes. She wore a green belly shirt, light blue jeans, some light pink lipstick on her lips, and a pair of brown sandals. He felt quite mesmerized by such beauty.

 He felt quite mesmerized by such beauty