- 34 -

| Camden |

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth," I said at last. It had gotten quite late now but I was having so much fun. Mateo's sisters were both so sweet. Rosie's was the cutest but she kept being all shy and blushy around me, so it made me wonder if maybe she had a little crush. Unfortunately, I was a bit too old and a bit too gay for her, but she would find someone else one day.

Mateo's mum was... Well, she was certainly his mum. She definitely looked a lot more sober than she did in the past. It kind of felt like she was trying to play happy families though. But I wasn't here to see her, and she hadn't treated my Mateo very well, so I really didn't care about her. I just kind of wanted her to know we're together and now she does and that's that.

Mateo strangely looked relieved when I said I was going to brush my teeth. He'd already done so earlier but I'd been snacking on pizza crust and leftover cookies for the past hour, so I hadn't bothered until now. Did my breath stink or something and he was just relieved he wouldn't have to smell it anymore? Because if that was the case, I would like to dig a hole and die in it right now. So, I hurried out before he could even say anything, grabbing my toiletries bag, with my toothbrush and skincare stuff in it, on my way out.

I did my business in the bathroom and after much contemplation decided to prep myself again for the night just to be safe. It was a while ago since I douched, and I would be mortified if some unpleasant accident happened because I hadn't been extra careful. Once I was done, I washed my hands and anything else that needed washing very thoroughly and psyched myself into going back to Mateo.

I crossed back across the hall and opened Mateo's door only for him to be right in front of me when I opened it. I almost shit myself and dropped everything as I jumped back. And he had the audacity to laugh.

"What the fuck!" I whisper shouted because I didn't want to wake anyone up.

"Close your eyes and give me that," he said taking my bag from me.

"What?"

"Close your eyes. Please. I have a surprise for you," he said.

I looked at him suspiciously but decided to indulge him and closed my eyes like he wanted. He grabbed my arm and pulled me inside his room. I heard the door shut behind me and I think I heard him set my toiletries bag down somewhere. I still hadn't opened my eyes, but I was so tempted to take a peek. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long because I soon felt him come behind me, his hands going to my waist and his breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear, "You can open them now."

I opened my eyes almost immediately and laughed when I saw it. "No way! You still have it?"

"Yeah, they were just stuffed in my wardrobe for a few years," he explained.

My smile was so wide my cheeks almost hurt and I did the very first thing I wanted to do. I left Mateo's hold and jumped onto the bed star-fishing my body across the Star Wars sheets he'd put back onto his bed. "I wanted to do this last time I saw these. But then I was also a very horny little teenager. I wanted to do a lot of things on this bed."

"Oh yeah?" Mateo asked with a suggestive tone before I soon felt him climb on top of me, his chest against my back. It was a slightly triggering position, but I let myself breathe knowing it was only Mateo and didn't stop him as he kissed my neck. "Is this okay?" he whispered. I nodded for words had left me. "Then do tell me what all those things you wanted to do on my bed were."

I slowly pushed back against him, my intention being to get some space to turn around and face him but all I did was end up grinding my bum against his crotch making him groan. "Are you gonna show me instead?" he teased.