You're alive? Good for you.

Elena turned into a vampire just in time, I'm glad she's still here but I just hope she made the right choice for her. A vampire was the last thing she had wanted to be, and yet here she was. I told her about my sudden vacation, and she was actually really happy about it. She said it would be good for me and I knew she was right. After everything, I needed an escape, even if it was only for a little while. She was back and safe at home, still processing the fact that she was now a vampire and for a second I thought that maybe now everything would begin to slow down to resemble something 'normal' that was until Rebekah messaged me. 

Bekah: I know you probably don't want to hear from me. 

Bekah: But please come to the Mikaelson manor. There is someone you'll want to see. 

There was only one name that rang through my mind as I read her messages. But it couldn't be true, he was dead... right? There was only one way to find out. 

~

"From this moment on, you're not my family, you're not my sister. You are nothing." I heard Niklaus say, before I watched him snap Rebekah's neck. I don't know what she said to provoke him, but I'm certain she did not deserve that.

I had no idea what I was going to do or say, when I saw Nik again, now I know that I need to end our friendship right here, right now. I can't keep him in my life, it will just lead to more pain and I can't bare anymore. To see how easily he can turn on his own sister, it makes this decision so much easier.

Nik looks up, freezing at the sight of me. "Cassandra – I –" He struggled to find words. I just shook my head, putting on a blank face.

"You're alive. Good for you Klaus." I said, keeping my words even. I turned around immediately, aiming for the door. "Wait, Cassie please" He called to me, I almost did, why is it so hard to walk away?

I didn't turn around. "No. I'm done." I told him as my eyes began to fill with tears. I took a deep breath, before continuing on my way.

Nik didn't stop me this time, and as soon as I met the cold air of the night the tears fell and didn't stop.