Home Sweet Home

I sat there in silence. 

I could not describe how hurt and angry I was because of my sister. She had crossed a line, both betraying my trust and violating my freedom. She had no right, to force me out of Mystic Falls and to forget my best friend just because she doesn't like who he is! 

Elena is going to be in for one hell of a talking to, right now Nik has been better to me in the time I've known him than she has and that's saying a lot considering he is a vampire-werewolf hybrid who has killed thousands. 

I held my hand out to Kol and without asking he handed me his phone that was already calling Nik. I held it up to my ear as it was answered. "Kol?" I heard his voice, I wide smile spread across my face and tears began to form in my eyes causing Kol to look extremely uncomfortable. "Nik, oh my gosh" I chocked out, holding a hand to my mouth. 

I heard Nik gasp. "Cassie! You remember?" I wish I could see him right now, I had no idea how much I'd missed him even though I couldn't remember him. "I do, I remember everything!" Nik sighed relieved, over the phone. "I'm so pleased to have you back Cassie! Get Kol to drive you round to the mansion." He told me. "Got it, I can't wait to see you!" I explained "Nor can I, I'll see you soon Cass" Nik hung up and I handed the phone to Kol. 

"So.... you can drive me to the mansion right?" I asked him "Yeah, yeah, but only because I'd be going there anyway. This is a one-time thing, don't expect me to drive you anywhere else again!" Kol explained, in an over-exaggerated annoyed vice. "Thank you Kol, you're the best!" I told him. "Damn right I am." 

~

Kol pulled up the long driveway and before I knew it I was whisked out of the car into the arms of my best friend. "Oh gosh, I missed you so much Nik!" I cried out, both laughing and crying at the same time. I felt so emotionally and physically drained after the long car drive and re-discovery of my memories, I simply couldn't control the tears from falling though a smile was clear on my face. 

"Cassie, I missed you so terribly indeed. You have no idea how much you missed!" Nik said in response, smiling brightly at me, his eyes genuinely sparkling with rare joy and unshed tears. "You have to catch me up on everything! Do not spare me a single detail!" I explained excitedly but paused for a moment. 

"But... I need to deal with my little sister first."