|Twenty-eight|

-----
-----

The hard part about Saiki being sick was how bored the friend group seemed to be. Everyone seemed a little down by the sudden mishap since, in their minds, Saiki was practically immune to all common inconveniences. They would tell Y/n stories about Saiki's unbreakable unfazed expression. Even as far as a showing unaffected to a surprise party. She assumed he just had a feeling it would happen. A meteor crashing through the classroom, and Saiki remained the same. In fact, the flu went through the whole town, Saiki was completely fine. Which wasn't rare but still shocking.
Seeing Saiki becoming sick for the first time was shocking. So everyone was eager to visit him during the weekend.

Teruhashi brought the boy chocolates then remembered he was sick so she sat in the corner of the boy's room silently eating the sweets to herself.

Nendo bought Saiki a watermelon... Then soon admitted to stealing it from a random garden in the neighborhood.

Kaido brought the pink-haired boy a card filled with glitter and shiny jewels. A drawing was supposed to be on the card but Kaido messed up by spilling the glue all over the card, he was quick to wipe it off... Despite the efforts, glitter was everywhere.
Saiki refused to touch the gift.

Hairo placed a weighted blank on the boy who was actually pleased with the gift and fell asleep shortly after.

This time, it was Y/n's turn to give the boy something. She almost made the mistake of giving him a 'feel better soon' cake. But after hearing Teruhashi's story she realized it wouldn't be the best idea.
With the help of her mom, Y/n confidently carried the covered bowl of soup that was still hot. She made sure to cover it with tin foil to make sure that Saiki would get every single bite that would be hot.

Her eyes scanned over Hairo's message one last time for confirmation then she placed the soup on the ground, ringing the doorbell. Y/n bent down to grab her soup once again, once she straightened up again she almost dropped the wrapped-out bowl when seeing a woman peeking through the door.
Y/n quickly went through the script in her head then bowed to the lady who opened her door wider when seeing the item in the girl's hands

"Good evening! I'm Y/n! A friend of Saiki's. My mom, and I made this for him!" Y/n spoke stuttering slightly in the middle of her words. She found the woman intimidating but was quickly reassured when the lady smiled in return for her small speech

"Isn't that sweet! We've been hearing the doorbell all day! Hopefully, you're the last one!" The woman joked opening her door wider. Y/n walked slowly into the home and took off her shoes.
The lady pointed to the staircase

"Saiki should be in his room! The first door to your right. If he's sleeping, then you can just leave the food on his table. I'm his mother Kurumi Saiki!" She smiled introducing herself

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Saiki!" Y/n smiled excitedly then rushed up the steps. She almost slipped a couple of times but was quickly rebalanced by the guardian spirit. She paused at the boy's door then eventually made a small knock. When she didn't hear a response she hesitantly turned the doorknob seeing the lights in the boy's room that we were off the only light that was provided was from the sunset shining through the boy's curtains. Saiki was sleeping while facing the ceiling which made the girl almost question why exactly he kept the hair clips in his hair if he couldn't sleep comfortably.

Y/n walked over to the side of Saiki's bed and placed the bowl down on the table. She was about to walk away but jumped when a hand wrapped around the girl's wrist

"Saiki! You're awake!" Y/n exclaimed quietly to the boy who nodded sitting up in his bed slowly. He looked to the left seeing the plastic bowl resting on the table. He flicked on his lamp then grabbed his glasses, placed them on, then looked at Y/n who seemed to be smiling at the boy.