Chapter 18: Change

Night time came around the corner faster then I had expected. The house became dark quickly and I found myself fighting to stay awake. The only thing that kept me up was the flashes of Loomis' death that played on the back of my eyelids.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I hadn't even noticed Michael sneak up next to me.

"Hey Michael." I greeted him.

He stayed quiet as expected but held his hand out for me to take. I gently placed my hand in his and let him grab on and lead me where he wanted.

Michael moved fast but still made sure I was keeping up with him as he went up the stairs and into a bedroom. I wasn't sure who's bedroom it was considering there was multiple but it was safe to assume it was Michael's.

The bed looked cleaner then the rest of the room but still not ideal. Michael held onto my hand as he claimed onto the bed and laid down. He tugged on my hand until I did the same.

Even when I was laying down he still held onto my hand. I turned over on my side like normal, facing him. He laid flat on his back and seemed stiff like he was staying awake the whole night.

Now that Dr. Loomis was gone, I doubt anyone would come after us. Maybe cops but they take forever to get in a house. So for now I wanted Michael to rest.

"You can relax now." I whispered to him.

I could tell he was listening but didn't move a muscle. He stayed just as tense.

My eyebrows furrowed as I started to think of what else I could do. I decided to cuddle up to him and see if that would work. My head laid on his chest and my arms wrapped around his waist. He let go of his death grip on my hand and moved his arm around me to pull me in closer.

He was warm and I felt so safe in his arms. With all of that mixed I couldn't help but fall asleep on him. While dreaming I had a mix of nightmares and fantasies.

I'd replay the deaths I've seen in my head but it would soon be overcome by the weird feeling in my heart. I felt warm when I saw my killers. I know I shouldn't but they made me feel safe.

Tap tap

They made me feel-

Tap Tap

What's tapping?

My eyes opened to see I was still laying on Michael but he seemed to be asleep now. His grip was tight on me but with enough wiggling I could release myself from him.

The tapping didn't sound human and almost had a rhythm to it so I thought it was caused by a branch hitting a window somewhere. I had to find it because there was no way I would be able to sleep while that tapping was happening.

Walking around the house, I found the tapping was coming from the front door. I thought it was weird considering there's nothing to tap on the front door but my tired brain didn't function well enough to go away from it.

The door was locked and somehow that made me wake up more. I instantly realized that this could be a bad situation. Sure it was just a tapping sound but it wasn't normal.

I started to back up as the tapping became a banging. Now I know for sure that something isn't right.

"Mi-" I tried calling out but a hand went over my mouth. I thought the hand felt soft before realizing it was a rag. A slightly damp rag being held over my nose and mouth.

"Mmm." I did my best to scream but it only came out as a muffled hum. I couldn't free myself from the person's grasp.

The door was then kicked open and in came a person. A man I did not recognize stood in the door way, looking at me struggle to stay awake.

"Pack her up. She's who we're looking for." Was all I heard before I passed out.

~○~

I woke up and opened my eyes but couldn't see anything. There was a blindfold tied tightly around my head.

"She's awake." A voice made me shake.

The blindfold was ripped off my face with aggression. The man I saw before was bent over, examining my face. He had brown hair and a stable beard. He wasn't that bad looking but I was to busy being kidnapped to think about looks.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" Confirmed burst in me as I asked the questions in an angry tone.

The man stood up, now looking down at me. "Theres a bounty on your head. Cops won't pay us but your ex boyfriend David's parents would."

"Mr. And Mrs. Lawson?" I felt betrayed. I didn't do anything to David, he tried to do things to me.

"Yes. They saw the news report of your suspicions. I don't know what you did to them but they want your head." He said as he walked away.

I didnt do anything to them. Sure they weren't the biggest fans of me but I didn't think they would take it this far. They must have heard of David's murder and blamed me for it.

"Now do us a favor, love and stay quiet." The man said before putting a bag over my head.

I could barley breath and move but I had to stay focused. Normally I would be terrified but there's no way Michael and Jason will let me die here. Not without avenging me anyway.

~○~