Chapter 10: Confused

I decided to explore the house. Or at least look around before anything stops me.

It seemed normal, yes it was a mess and smelled like death but overall nothing completely out of the ordinary. At least I thought so until I came across a door that was completely shut tight.

It didn't take much pulling for me to realize it was locked. I peaked over my shoulder and down the hall where Michael was resting. He wasn't aware of where I was so I took a pin from my hair and went to work. Turing the pin around was difficult but the door was easy enough to unlock.

I cringed when it creaked open, mainly because I didn't want Michael knowing that I was snooping. The door was then aggressively slammed in my face, making a slight squeak leave my mouth.

A hand was on the once again shut door and it didn't take long for me to figure out who it belonged to. My heart raced as I turned to meet the masked face that was surprisingly close to mine.

Michael's breathing was normal and relaxed but it was loud and easy to hear when it hit the mask.

"I'm sorry... I was just curious." I almost begged for my life. His hand was still pressed tight on the door while he thrusted his other hand to place there as well, trapping me in between his arms.

My back was pressed up against the door with his hands on each side of my face. He leaned in closer, close enough to where I could see his eyes and the expression he had under the mask.

It was different than I expected. I thought he would be angry but his eyes were dreamy. Like he was hypnotized and starring into space. His breathing got louder the closer his face got to mine. The hight difference was there, I was looking up while he leaned down.

His masked forehead was met with mine and his hands moved from the door to my cheeks, slightly rubbing them with his thumbs. My fear was obvious but his way of dealing with me was calming. Hate to say it but his whole presence was calming.

The moment was pleasant until it was painfully interrupted by a small cracking sound. I didnt think much of it, old house, old floors, old walls. Things have to creak and crack but unlike me, Michael was alerted.

His hands moved from my cheeks to my shoulders. He used my shoulders as a way to control where I was going as he hid me in a closet. Once the door was shut in the claustrophobic closet, I heard nothing. Michael basically disappeared when I couldn't see him.

Sitting in that closet made my mind run wild along with me rethinking my morals. Michael was a killer and has ruined countless families but here i was hoping he would be ok doing what ever he was doing.

My thoughts were quickly shoved away when heavy footsteps walked into the room. Michael was quite, almost to quite. There was no way these loud footsteps could be him.

A shadow was casted from under the door. It got bigger the closer whoever it was got to me. The door started to push outward along with a slight squeak.

Fear filled in my chest as my heart beat raced and tears filled my eyes. I wanted to face my fears and look up to who it was but I couldn't move my head from my knees as I tightly hugged myself into the fetal position.

A somewhat familiar sounds drew my head up. It was heavy breathing behind a mask.

The masked man looked down at me, I could tell from his body language (something Michael couldn't communicate with) that he was relaxed seeing me there.

"Jason...?" I whispered as I recognized the masked killer. He tilted his head as he looked at me through the mask.

After a few seconds of staring he reached down and grabbed my arm, pulling me up into a tight hug. He was definitely more compassionate than Michael but Jason didn't trust me as much as Michael did.

Jason's large arms held onto me like I was a lost pet he was searching for. I didn't think much of it until I realized thats exactly what happened. Jason and Michael obviously wanted to keep me around or I would be dead by now but if Michael was all scratched up from the last time they saw eachother, what would happen if they see eachother now?

My question was soon answered as Jason released the hug and stepped in front of me with his back facing me. I peaked around to see Michael standing there. He had a knife in his hand and his fists were clenched with rage. Jason pulled out his machete and prepare himself for a fight.

The tension in the room was intense, it was almost powerful enough to give me a panic attack. Michael and Jason both took a step closer to eachother in menacing ways, the complete opposite of how they act around me.

There steps grew faster as their weapons were held tighter. Jason took the first swing with his machete but Michael was able to use his knife to deflect it. Once Michael pushed the machete away from his body, he slashed the knife forward and scraped Jason's arm.

Jason took a few steps back before trudging forward and grabbing Michael's arm with the knife in it. He raised his machete up and thrusted it down to Michael's arm. Fortunately Michael was able to deflect by using his other hand to take the knife and block.

Jason reached forward and grabbed Michael by the throat before pushing forward with all his might and throwing him against the wall. Michael still had his knife and was definitely prepared for Jason's next move but I had enough of it.

"Stop it!" I yelled out to them, making them both look at me. "Please stop." I begged in a shaky voice. I wanted to sound strong but it took a lot of fight to even stand from the tension in the room.

Jason had his eyes on me and Michael ignored my words as he plunged the knife into Jason's side.

"No!" I yelled out as Jason fell to his knees.

Michael towered over him and held his knife up to finish him off but I couldn't let him. I had to do something.

~○~

A/N
Hi there
I hope you like it, I kinda suck at writing fights so I hope this is ok
Also sorry for the cliff hanger :)