Chapter 6: Trapped

The underground hideout was silent besides the few clanking of chains hanging. I curled up in a ball on the bed crying for i know when Jason comes back he'll want to kill me.

Time felt different down here. When I was alone it went fast but when he was here with me it felt slow and torturous. A loud thump came from down the hall outside of the room.

I wanted to escape but the handcuffs kept me in one place as the tall, dangerous man wondered through the area. Jason seemed to pay no attention to me as long as I stayed quiet or so I thought.

Blood was splattered over his mask and clothes along with a large machete that he brought around with him. He started up a wheel, I could barley tell what it was from the darkness but once he started to sharpen his machete i could figure it out.

I couldn't tell where Jason was looking with the mask but he was facing me and I felt the burn of his eyes. Once he finished sharpening the machete he threw it to the side and walked over to where I was.

He picked up a plate and what I assume is food along with a glass of water. Jason set it in front of me on a small bedside table and backed up. His eyes still watched as if he was waiting for me to eat.

If he got mad in this situation I wouldn't know what he would do to me so I swallowed my fear and reached for the food. On the side of the plate was a piece of bread, I can only assume it was old until I bite into it. In the middle of the plate was hotdogs. At first I thought it was weird but then I realized he lived on a camp site so he must take this food from campers or in this instance, intruders.

I took a small bite out of the hotdog. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Looking up at him I smiled and had a thumbs up. His emotionless stance turned into a more cheerful one with his muscles relaxing. He watched me for a minute more before leaving my side and going back out into the tunnel outside the room.

The water was the same as the food. Not bad but not good. It was all I had and I know I need to drink so I just toughened up and drank it.

Once finished I heard the familiar sound of a loud thump in the hall. I'm assuming that was Jason coming back in each time so at least I had a warning before he showed up.

Jason hurried up to me with something in his hands. Curiosity and some anxiousness filled my chest waiting to see what he had brought to me.

He slowly opened his hand for me to see a marshmallow. He placed it on my now empty plate and watched me once more. A small giggle left my mouth, a small dessert from a big scary murderer seem humorous.

I took a bite out of the marshmallow and watched as Jason tilted his head. He seemed curious in me but I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Its good that he let me live but what was he going to do to me from now on?

Once the lone marshmallow was finished Jason stayed next to me, examining me. For the first time I felt almost safe? No can't be, hes a murderer but he did save me from David and he hasn't hurt me.

Our heartfelt moment was unfortunately cut off due to the bells ringing above my head once more. Jason quickly ran out of the room and up to whatever trap he had set.

He was gone longer this time. I almost felt worried for him but by this point i had almost pulled an all nighter and could barley keep my eyes open. I laid down against the rough sheets and let myself drift off.

~○~

I must have been so tired for i didnt even dream through the night. I did however wake with a jump as I remembered what happened prior.

I sat in the bed and quickly scanned the room to find Jason standing over my bed watching me. I had no clue how long he's been there but at this point I didn't want to know. He tilted his head as he watched me.

I stayed still and quiet not wanting him to change his mind on keeping me alive. Until I noticed something.

Everything was the same around me besides a warm blanket tucked around my body. I didnt have a blanket before so at some point while I was sleeping Jason must have covered me up. Was this proof that he didn't want to hurt me or am I just going crazy?

Jason took a step towards me, making my heart beat faster. I didnt want to be scared of him, he did afterall seem like he wants to take care of me but after seeing what he can do I couldn't help it.

He stopped in his tracks when the bells above our heads started to ring. There must have been a lot of officers trying to find me this whole time. Unfortunately I know that since none of them found their way down here, they must be dead.

In a flash Jason was out of the tunnels and I was once again left alone. That was until a thud came from the entrance.

It didn't sound like Jason though, it was lighter and there's no way Jason could have finished everything that fast.

Who was coming here?

A/N

Hope you like my ✨cliff hanger✨