Chapter 20

Paige POV:

"Paige let's get that ankle looked at" Janelle says once I change back into my Uconn sweats.

I make my way over to the athletic table and sit on it as Janelle touches around my foot to see what's wrong.

It really hurts now, I think the adrenaline of the last few minutes of the game overpowered the pain, because it wasn't hurting as bad as it is now.

"Does this hurt" Janelle says as she touches my foot and moves it a certain direction.

I take in a sharp breathe "Yea, a lot"

"You sprained your ankle so I'm going to give you a boot and crutches that way you can stay off of it until we get back to Connecticut and I can take a better look at it there."

That was the last thing I wanted to hear, because now that means I might miss a game. But I'm happy about the crutches because it will take away the pain.

"Here's some Advil you can take, don't take more than 2 in a span of 6 hours and if it starts to hurt worse or you feel sick tell someone and come and find me" Janelle says as she puts on a boot on my foot and hands me crutches.

"Ok, thank you Janelle, seriously, I don't know what I would do without you" I say sincerely

"Of course, I'm glad I can help."

We make it back to the hotel room and I couldn't be more happy to shower and lay in bed calling Peyton.

I text Peyton "I'm gonna shower really quick and get ready for bed and then I'll facetime you ❤️"

Showering took longer than I thought it would because my foot hurt when I stood on it but once I got out and back on crutches it was fine.

I quickly pack everything up since we are leaving early tomorrow at 7 AM and make my way to my bed to call Peyton.

"Hey"

"Hey how you are feeling"

"I mean it still hurts but I'm ok"

"I don't know how you continued to play, you looked like you were in a lot of pain"

"I mean what can I say I'm awesome and did you see that 3 tho, call me Steph Curry" I say playfully

"Ok Steph Curry that was a pretty clutch shot, but I'm not surprised you made it, that's just who you are"

That made me smile. I love when she gives me such little compliments it really boosts my confidence.

"How was watching the game on TV" I ask

"It was good, the announcers are obsessed with you though, they couldn't stop talking about you, and when you hit that 3 they screamed 'PAIGE BUECKERS LIMP AND ALL' it's was honestly crazy. If I didn't know better I would think they were dating you" she jokes

"What can I say, I just have that affect on people" I joke back

"Oh yea sure you do" she says playfully

We ended up talking till about 10:30 which Nika wasn't thrilled about because she was tired. Peyton hung up because she wanted me to get a good nights sleep so my ankle feels better instead of me just watching her through the camera.

I eventually feel asleep around 11:15 but it was hard because every time I moved to get comfortable pain shot through my ankle.