Chapter 16 : Conference

There were a lot of high rank officials on the floor, sipping wine and bragging on their proud achievements. They were all in uniform, and it would look odd being in the crowd. Morris spotted performers waiting behind a stage, dressed in different folk costumes, some of them children.

"JoJo, blend in. I'll try to locate your father."

The little girl nodded and went without questioning. Morris snatched a jacket from the staff rack and put it on, picked up a tray from the service table and made his way to the floor.

Mikhail Siwanov was an Army General, which would usually stand out from a crowd, but Morris completed his round and could not find the face.

"Looking for someone in particular?" asked a young woman with wine glass.

"I have an urgent message for Army General Siwanov." Morris tried to speak humble like a waiter, he was not comfortable leaving JoJo out of sight.

"I know the General. I can pass it to him."

The woman was in her mid-twenties, with dark hair and dazzling eyes. She was in a black evening dress, with high slit revealing her long olive legs.

"I was instructed to deliver to him in person." Morris kept sweeping the crowd.

"You won't find him here. He's in the library."

"The library?"

"Yes. I can take you to him." the woman put down her glass.

"That won't be necessary. Ma'am. I know where it is." Morris lied and retreated politely, before giving himself away further.

"It's on the fifth floor." he heard the woman said behind him.