Chapter 4 : Informant

The man he was setup to meet was Polar, a funny name until he met the six foot four giant. Polar has a full white beard with tall matching hair, his face was pale and pupils pink. An Albino Polar Bear more like! He thought.

They met at a back alley, noisy but quiet as Morris concerned, noisy because of the nearby traffic and pedestrians and rain, making surveillance equipments hard to pick up conversations, and quiet because no one would come up here where it's dark and dirty.

"I need the whereabouts of a JoJo Siwanova, daughter of Army General Mikhail Siwanov."

"So is everyone." Polar answered short and quiet, stood motionlessly in the rain like a ghost.

"Then you wouldn't mind telling one more."

"My information is expensive."

"I can manage." Morris nodded.

The big Polar Bear didn't say another word, turned and disappeared into the dark, leaving Morris standing in the rain.

With the meeting failed, Morris turned onto other resource. With time running against you, informants are your best chance, no matter how bizarre their information were.

Morris returned to his room, turned on his laptop and accessed the Orion database, but the sources were old, no one he didn't already know, or dead. Office really needs to update these files!

Pouring on his third glass, he heard footsteps outside his door. He reached for his gun, but saw a piece of paper slipped under it. He kept the gun to his hand, waited until the shadow moved away from the door. He quickly went over and opened it, but found himself looking out to an empty corridor.

He picked up the piece of paper, on it printed: Avtovo, Likhachova

Crossing between Avtovokzal'naya and Likhachova Prospect

"Not bad for a Polar Bear!" Morris praised.