Chapter 6 : Handover

The drop point was near the Sheremetyevo International Airport, a terminal for trucks going into the city. Morris arrived the given destination, there were two cars and people waiting. He stopped twenty feet away, took one last look at his task detail, rolled down the window and yelled out.

"Name?"

"Sergei." A man with long hair answered, it matched the detail.

"Go head!" Morris waved him in.

"No..." the little girl flinched.

"It's okay. They are going to take you home." Morris comforted her.

"I've never seen them before!" JoJo shook her head.

"They work for your father."

"Please! I don't want to go with them!" she cried desperately.

Morris turned back to the approaching man, he was in a light color suit with no tie, his long hair reached to his shoulders, behind him stood five men, all dressed in different fashions, with hands hidden in coats and jackets. Not exactly dress code for a General's staff...

"Wait!" Morris stopped the long hair man halfway. "Which division do you work for?"

"Security. For General Mikhail Siwanov!" said the man continuing his steps.

"I know! Siwanov has two security divisions. Are you first or second division?"

The long hair man stopped, turned back and exchanged eyes with his men.

"First!"

Morris put in reverse and stepped on the accelerator, throwing the car backward in full speed. The long hair man and his crew responded immediately with rapid fire, puncturing the windscreen with bullet holes.

"Get Down! Stay Down!" Morris yelled under fire, pressing JoJo to the seat.

He spun the car around, made a near escape and pulled into the highway, steering the speeding car under one hand, brought out his phone with the other.

"Spencer!" he called Office. "Mission compromised!"

"What are you talking about?" his Regional Manager asked.

"Hostility at drop point!"

"Morris!" Spencer said. "Our client has just called, said you took the package and ran!"

"They were shooting at us!"

"Because you ran!"

"They're not working for the girl's parents! They didn't even know their infrastructure!"

"Doesn't matter! They are the Client, and we are supposed to deliver what they're paying for!" Spencer reminded.

"We're just gonna hand a little girl to some psycho?"

"Come on, Morris! You've done worse!"

"Not this time!" Morris said. "I'll bring her home myself!"

"Morris! Don't get personal!"

He hung up the phone and resumed his driving.

"All right, JoJo. I'm gonna need you to call your father." he tossed his phone to her, but the little girl simply stared at it and blinked. "Just sweep the screen and dial. It's not rocket science."

"I don't know his number..." the girl said.

"You don't?"

"I had it set in my phone, but..."

"But they took your phone!" Morris grunted. "Do you remember anyone's phone number?"

She shook her head, Morris cursed in frustration, thinking the technology people depends on nowadays.

"All right. Do you remember where you live? I assume you know the house you sleep in?"

"Tamanskaya Street."

"Nice place!" Morris could already see the high value district of the rich and powerful, thinking maybe the father would reward him a better job in return. "Where in Tamanskaya Street?"

"Just Tamanskaya." she said.

"What? The whole place??"

She nodded again.

"No wonder people kidnapped you!" he grunted again.