Chapter Forty Seven

*warning - there is brief strong language towards the end of the chapter. if that makes you uncomfortable, no worries! just slide by the last bit :)

"You better be a good girl and listen intently okay? I'm not going to repeat myself because you have bad hearing," her kidnapper said. Rey winced but nodded.

Priscilla walked towards the corner of the room and fetched a chair, which she pulled in front of her and sat backwards on so she captured Rey's full attention. She cleared her throat and began to speak, drama licking at her words.

"It all started when I was a young girl, running through the forests of Yavin. Well, actually, I never really ran through the forests, I just used to go there to think and dwell on whatever was going on in my life. When I was still a youngling, I think I was six years old because I remember Poe being a baby, my parents and I figured out I harnessed a beautiful ability, the Force."

Rey's eyebrows shot up. She hadn't sensed her Force presence. Then again, she hadn't really looked.

"So, naturally, they did what all parents did, they sent me to train with Master Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker at his Jedi academy or temple or whatever. I came home every summer to be with my family and then for nine months I would learn cool tricks. It was awful though because Luke told us we weren't allowed to use the tricks outside of school. I always thought that rule was dumb.

"One year, when I was fourteen, I came home and became friends with the neighbor boy, his name was Brendol. He had a brother around my brothers age, I think his name was Armitage. I don't really remember, all I know is that Poe got really close with this neighbor boy, like really close. I almost wondered if they would date in the future. Anyways, I digress."

Rey was surprised. Brendol Hux? The one who had been so creepily sexual to her the other night had been conversing with Priscilla when they were children. She found it disturbing. Nevertheless, she noted how her capturor's eyes lit up in a maniac sort of way, where her eyebrows arched high and her eyes flitted from one thing to another and sparkled when she said certain words.

"Throughout the entire summer, Brendol was telling me things. He was speaking of new and beautiful things, about the Empire before the world we lived in now. He spoke of genetic clones and the powerful people they made, he said one was named Snoke and he was great and mighty. I wanted to speak with Snoke, learn more about him and the past our world had. That was when I learned of the Dark Side of the Force. It was beautiful and radiant and it totally enraptured me.

"When I returned to school, I asked Luke about it. He cursed me out and forced me to swear I would never join, telling me of all the evil and unnatural things it created and how it lead his father to his death and blah blah blah. Honestly, I think Luke was scared that the Dark had more power than the Light meaning his students could overthrow him. I think that's why he never taught it and made us swear we wouldn't.

"Anyways, I continued to learn more about it, every summer coming back home and bombarding Brendol with questions, where he gave me books and tapes to watch about it. And then, I would return to school and speak nothing of it. When I turned seventeen, I met a very special boy. His name was Raanan."

Rey sucked in a breath.

"He was three years my junior but equally as curious to learn about the Dark. His brother attended school with me, he had some name that started with J, Jenson, Jenkins, I don't know and I don't care. I only cared about Raanan. I called him RaRa for short. He didn't have any Force abilities so he didn't attend the Jedi academy but he lived close by. Once a week, we would meet and I would share with him all I had learned. As I grew in the Dark, I was able to let him experience a bit of it's power and I think it made him all the more hungry.