Chapter Thirty Two

Rey didn't have to time to waste on the baffling fact that she had just interacted with the Anakin Skywalker, formally known as Darth Vader, a man she thought was a myth only a year ago. Her heart had stopped beating entirely when his identity was revealed. She had a million questions she could rattle off to him but was thankful he no longer could hear the wonder in her voice as he seemed to be a bit arrogant, or at least that's what the bearded man thought. She still wanted to know who he was.

She couldn't think more than that when Connix assembled everyone in the cockpit of the ship. Ten bodies huddled together, the smell of fear wafting in the air and mixing with the slight oily smell the ship radiated.

"Okay, do you guys see this entrance?" Connix pointed to a large ship that sucked Rey's breath away. It was sleek and black, blending into the stars except for the shine it got when a star sparkled off of the metal. The Lieutenant's finger was staring straight into a thin slot, reminding Rey of those gambling machines she would witness people pour thousands of dollars into on Jakku. Connix cleared her throught and put her hand down. "That's Imperious, the Supreme Leader's docking ship. That small entrance is for his private X-Wing. It's always kept open unless his ship is in the dock. We've gotten reports that he is in the Outer Rim, giving us the opportunity to sneak in. We're slowly doing that now so I need all of you to find your disguises while we board. Clear?"

"Yes, Lieutenant." The crew replied.

Each member began to tear off their clothes and put on their black, military resembling ones. The stiff clothing felt foreign on the young Jedi's bones but her mind was in a different place. Rey could feel her heart beat in her throat as she tied her hair tightly to her head and put on a black hat over the top. Her limbs were on fire. She could feel his presence. Even if he wasn't there, he was at one point in time and that thought alone sent equally delighted and terrified shivers crawling through her spine.

Suddenly, she truly felt him. That wonderful rush of heat that settled in her stomach was back and she heard a blinding silence. Rey rushed to the bedroom and shut the door as his demanding presence flicked before her.

"Leave me this instant!" Rey roared underneath her breath, throwing a threatening finger pointed haphazardly in his direction.

"Rey," Kylo whispered, his low voice reverbrating off of the back of his throat, causing the heat in her stomach to intensify. He glared down at her, his form blocking out the light of the bulb that burned above her.

"You couldn't have picked a worse time to contact me! Go away!" She bit, stepping forward to assert her dominance.

"Rey," he repeated lowly. He drew out her name as if it was a thick syrup that couldn't quite get off the tip of his tongue. Not like she's thought about his tongue though.

"Leave me! Kriff, let me try to figure this out!" Rey stuck her hands on her head to try and help her focus. She felt leather grip her wrists and pull them gently away from her head. One let go and grasped her chin, forcing her head to look up. She opened her eyes.

"Rey," Kylo said again with that deep voice that made Rey momentarily forget the cricumstances they were in. "Why can I feel your presence on my ship?"

Fear exploded in her chest. Her eyes grew and she closed them tightly and cut the bond off with a violent snap. Rey leaned against the door for support as she hadn't noticed her heart rate grow to such an alarming height. A strange heat fluttered between her legs and she closed them tight to try and relieve some of the presuure. She closed her eyes and shook her head, as if clearing her thoughts of him. She couldn't be thinking of him or why he knew she was on his ship while on a mission.

A knock awoke her from her thoughts and she sent out both a prayer of gratitude and one of annoyance at the interruption. She sighed and flung the door open to see Raanan staring intently at her.