Chapter Thirty One

White hot, angry tears spilled over her eyes, blurring her vision entirely. She felt the sob, starting in her ribcage and echoing out through her mouth as her anger released itself from the cage she didn't know she was forcing it into. She was furious.

Rey made it to the bedroom before anyone saw and slammed the door shut. She slide her back down it to prevent anyone from coming in if they caught her crying.

And then, she let herself go. Sob after sob, cry after cry, heartbreak after heartbreak. Rey put her hand over her mouth to muffle the noise. Her other hand was on her stomach as it hurt from the deep seeded pain.

She didn't even know she felt this strongly. Her emotions had been normal today, neutral. Now, she was a puddle of tears. And it hurt.

She wasn't just crying because she was mad at Kylo for making her the bad guy although she thought she wasn't. She was mad at him because they were doomed from the start. Even as friends, they were never going to work. The Light and the Dark don't mix. He was never going to turn. She learned that now.

But the part that had her body wrack sob after sob wasn't that they didn't mix, it was that she couldn't be with him. He made her fall for him in every way and she can't have him.

Rey was so angry with Kylo Ren for letting her fall in love with him.

After a while, she pulled herself off the ground and fell on the bed, sleeping almost instantly and feeling very drained. She woke up about an hour later, her eyes crusty from the dried tears and her face puffy from the effort. She was tired in every aspect of the word.

She stood up and found the little bathroom that was attached to this room. Rey began to splash cold water on her face when she felt a chill. A chill that made the hairs on her body rise up in fear. 

Rey knew it wasn't Kylo as she felt a buzz with him, a kind of flooding warmth sensation that flooded her body and then settled in the pit of her stomach, stirring here and there throughout the conversation. This instead was like a rush of chills your body gets, where you feel your blood run cold and every anxious thought you held before comes rushing to the forefront of your mind. It was a sickening feeling in all truthfulness. But it was purposeful.

She felt wind going up each limb, a mini tornado encircling her, inspecting her. And then, as suddenly as it had appeared, the wind was gone and the eerie sensation of being watched caused her to still. Rey took action instantly. She leapt up quickly and grabbed the lamp by the bed with the Force. She then circled her room. She looked like a minx, focused with adrenaline drilled into her veins, ready to pounce on whatever being it was that had frightened her.

"Hello there."

Rey whipped around with the lamp, lunging it forward into the body of air. Instead of continuing her onslaught of attacks, her mouth dropped as her eyes widened. She pulled the staff back to her body.

There was a blue hologram figure of sorts in front of her. She could see the door behind him but there were no blurry lines throughout his body to indicate he was a hologram. But he wasn't there. He looked like a ghost that just spun itself into reality.

The ghost man stared at her quizzically. His eyes studied her frame, her movements, he even seemed to be studying her mind. Silence made the way in between them and Rey's curiosity was mixing with her anger and confusion. He moved his hands and she lifted the lamp again in preparation. He simply took off his dark hood to reveal the features of a middle aged man who seem to have lived the life of an old one.

The man gave a thin lipped smile as well as the smallest of waves before settling his hands in front of his torso, just as he had it before. She studied him. He had long, light hair that was combed back neatly, making him look rather professional. His beard was trimmed neatly to match and the small smile on his face morphed into a smirk as he watched her analyze him. He wore a thick, long sleeved tunic with a large cape around it. It looked warm.