Chapter 22. The Right Man

She didn't know why she did it, but she suddenly woke up with a start. Her heart raced in her chest as she tried to catch her breath. It was a dream, it was all a dream. Taylor hadn't taken her out on a romantic date, he hadn't proposed to her on the beach on his knees, she hadn't attended a surprised engagement party, and he never in a million years would ever call her "honey". For him to use such an endearment was proof enough it had been just a dream. She felt like crying. It had been so real...

"Honey, what's wrong, what is it?" the male voice sounding suspiciously like her boss asked beside her.

The table lamp was suddenly turned on and Kaitlyn turned around to see Taylor squinting at her in concern. "Did you have a nightmare?" He pulled her into his arms. "You're hyperventilating!"

"Taylor?" Kaitlyn whispered in disbelief.

Taylor frowned at her. "Why are you looking at me as if you don't know me? Are you in some sort of shock? I overdid it with the proposal and engagement party didn't I? I suppose I should have gone a little more slowly with it, but I couldn't wait a day longer."

"This isn't a dream..." Kaitlyn said. "This is real?"

Taylor stared at her and raised an eyebrow. He grabbed her finger and showed her the huge diamond. "It better be real or you're wearing the biggest cubic zirconia ever made..."

Kaitlyn stared down at the ring. "Oh my god, I'm really engaged to you!"

"You really are in shock? What the hell Kaitlyn? Is being engaged to me so bad that you're having nightmares?"

Kaitlyn stared at her soon to be husband who at the moment was looking hurt and offended.

"If you didn't want to accept me, you didn't have to lie about it," he continued until she threw her arms around him and kissed him.

"I love you. I just can't believe this is happening, it's just seems too wonderful to be real," she told him when she finally pulled away.

"You better love me," Taylor glared at her. "Since you're the only woman I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes. "Only you could turn a romantic moment into a demand."

Taylor pulled her down and turned off the lights. "I'm glad you're awake. There's something I've been wanting to do for the longest."

"What's that?" Kaitlyn asked breathlessly.

"Bury myself so deeply inside of you, you won't have any doubts about our engagement being real ever again," Taylor whispered hotly in her ear. He grabbed her wrists and threw her arms over her head holding her down.

Kaitlyn swallowed being in such a vulnerable position. "Taylor?"

He gave her a wicked, arrogant smile only he could pull off and still look sexy as hell. "Well, maybe you should be a little afraid of what I'm about to do to you. Forcing myself not to touch you in the past week was torture and I'm about to make up for lost time."

Kaitlyn eyes got bigger. "Oh...wow..." were the last coherent words she was able to say before he took over.

Much, much, later, very later in the afternoon, she finally woke up and realized she was lying face down in the covers. The sheets only came up to her waist leaving her upper body naked. She moaned when she tried to move. Her back was killing her, her thighs were stiff and sore and she didn't even want to think about other parts of her body that had been attacked with such voracity and intensity last night. She had no clue Taylor could be so wild and demanding. He should have been knocked out right along with her, but of course he was gone when she woke up. Where did the man get his stamina from cause she needed to borrow some, she mused as she tried to move once again. Sore, she was so sore! Oh, fuck it! She mumbled out loud and threw the covers over her head. She was going back to sleep.