Chapter 4. Her New Home

Kaitlyn learned a lot about Taylor as they sat at the restaurant for nearly the entire afternoon. He didn't mind answering her questions to make her feel more comfortable around him. She learned he was an only child like herself. His parents had died from a car accident when he was 18. He had inherited their money which had turned him into a billionaire overnight. He had been engaged twice, but the two women had only wanted to use him for their own benefits. He only had a few friends which he felt were like family to him but had been out of touch with them lately. When he asked Kaitlyn if she had any friends, she asked him would she be in this position if she did? After signing what seemed like tons of paperwork, which she took her time going over, they finally left.

Taylor wanted to leave immediately, not wanting to delay his trip back to San Francisco another day. Kaitlyn was unprepared to leave the same day. When they returned to the hotel to check out, she began to get nervous. Taylor told her to only bring two suitcases and leave the rest there. He promised to provide for her everything she needed once they were in San Francisco. He dropped off the rental car and had a taxi to take them to his private jet. Kaitlyn's mouth fell open when she saw it.

The jet was huge. She couldn't believe she was about to get into one and stumbled twice going up the steps. She was so nervous her knees were weak. Taylor, who was behind her, scooped her up in his arms impatiently, as if she weighed nothing, and carried her into the jet. He plopped her down on a plush recliner chair and strapped her in before sitting beside her and doing the same thing. The pilot carried their bags in and walked to the front of the jet. A few minutes later, his voice appeared on the intercom telling them to get ready for takeoff.

The jet suddenly lunged upwards. Taylor tensed when he felt her arms wrap around his. He stared down at her as she buried her face in his shoulder. Not sure how to comfort her, he awkwardly patted her on the head. "You're afraid of flying," he said stating the obvious.

"This is my first time on a plane, I mean jet, well anything in the air..." Kaitlyn said nervously. She suddenly realized she was holding on to him and quickly pulled away. "I'm sorry; I'm so unprofessional right now."

"Relax," Taylor gave her a warm smile. "You haven't begun to work for me yet. Tomorrow you will start your training early. We will have dinner together once we arrive home and we will go over your duties once again. Kaitlyn, I hope you know that I'm not always a nice person to be around. With you, I was able to relax while we were in the restaurant, but my work often makes me stressful and rather irritable. I've scared off two assistants already."

"Now you tell me that?" Kaitlyn asked dryly.

He smiled. "I think you can handle me."

After a while, the jet became stable and Taylor unfastened their seat belts. "Feel free to look around," he told her, then took out his laptop, got on his cell phone and totally ignored her. She stared at him for a moment, watching him talk business and concentrate on the screen of his laptop, and sighed. Looks like she would have to keep herself company for the rest of the ride.

The room was very nice. It was filled with couches, a bar, and a table for dining. There was even a huge flat screen TV. She walked towards the back and found two separate rooms with two full size beds. There were table lamps, a book shelf with closed glass cases and a mini TV. She laid down on one of the beds noticing that the sheets were satin and stared up at the ceiling. What the hell was she getting herself into?

A few hours later Taylor decided to check on her. He had completely lost himself in his work and hadn't noticed that she had disappeared until now. He found her sleeping in his bed. Her legs were pulled halfway up on their sides, but her upper body rested on her back. Her arms were spread out around her head and her hair was spread over the pillow. Lying in that position showed off her amazing figure. He swallowed as he felt himself becoming aroused. She made a very enticing picture, lying there unconsciously seducing him in her sleep. What was it about this woman that he found himself so drawn to?