Chapter 10. Sizzling

Kaitlyn moved through the mansion in a dazed like state in search of food. There were plenty of left overs in her refrigerated that she snacked on at night, but she wanted something fresh. She had expected Richard to leave a tray of food on her table like he'd done yesterday and was a little miffed that he hadn't. Of all days he decided to not bring it to her when she felt like crap. Her head pounded, but not as badly as it had when she'd first awakened. She'd thrown on the first thing she could find which was a pair of shorts, a graphic white-t shirt with the word "Sizzling" spelled in purple glitter across it, she'd bought as a personal joke when Taylor wasn't paying attention yesterday, and sandals.

Richard stopped her as she made her way to the kitchen, his perceptive eyes scrutinizing her choice of clothing and settling on the words across her chest. Kaitlyn could tell he didn't approve what she was wearing which only made her want to stick out her tongue at him in rebellion.

"Master Braxton requested that you join him in the garden this afternoon. Lunch will be served on the patio."

Kaitlyn nodded and yawned. "K," she mumbled and dragged her tired body outside.

Taylor was sitting in a chair reading the Sunday newspaper when she approached him. He put down the paper to look at her, a hint of a smile appeared on his lips, his eyes danced in somewhat amusement even though he frowned. "What the hell are you wearing?"

Ignoring his question, Kaitlyn flopped down in the chair on the other side of the table and looked at him through sleepy eyes. "Morning..."

Taylor's eyebrow twitched. "It's 1:00p.m, Kaitlyn..." he told her, his heart aching a little as he watched her. She looked so utterly adorable right now. Her long hair had been pulled into a loose ponytail and was draped over one shoulder as she propped her chin in her hand with both arms on the table. Her long black lashes covered those deep brown eyes as she watched him through half closed lids. They gazed into his as if she had all the time in the world to just sit there and watch him. Her face had the cutest little pout mixed with a hint of annoyance. His fingers itched to reach over and caress her cheek affectionately. "I don't remember buying those clothes for you."

Kaitlyn smiled slightly. "Oh, stop it, you know you like them," she teased knowing she looked anything but sizzling today.

Taylor couldn't say he didn't. Those shorts exposed her long slender perfect calves and the shirt molded to her upper body showing off her small waist and voluptuous breasts. He cleared his throat and looked away remembering how soft and warm her body had felt under his last night, how sweet her lips had tasted. He wondered if she remembered anything. "Do you have a hangover?"

"I don't know. I'm not very good with alcohol as you can see. Times like these remind me why I don't drink that much," Kaitlyn let out a loud yawn and stretched in the chair.

Taylor watched her. She reminded him of a lazy cat relaxing in the sun.

"So what happened last night?" Kaitlyn asked as she leaned back in the chair her face turned to the sky, her eyes closed. "I don't remember much after falling asleep in the car. How did I get to my room?"

"You mean passing out in the car?" Taylor corrected her. "I carried you to your room."

Kaitlyn opened her eyes and looked at him. "Really?"

"Why do you look surprised?" Taylor had to stop himself from smiling when her skin darkened. Was she blushing?

"I...well. I hadn't expected you to do that." Kaitlyn had to admit, the idea of Taylor carrying her to bed, putting her to bed was rather...romantic.

"I carried you up the steps of Coit Tower. What's the difference?" Taylor wanted to know.

"I was awake then..." Kaitlyn said blushing deeper.