Chapter 41

I woke up relived to the sight of being back in my desired reality. The excitement of being back overwhelmed me.

I threw my blankets off myself as I sprinted downstairs. My mother and father were eating breakfast as they looked at me strangely.

I was excited first of all for being back , and two because I would get to be seeing Draco today. Our families had always thrown weird gatherings on every occasion they could think of.

"Well somebody seems energetic today," my dad implied , taking a bite of his toast.

"Well of course," I babbled. "We're seeing the Malfoy's today."

My mother choked on her coffee as my father looked across the table at my mother with a concerned look on his face.

I acknowledged there was something they weren't telling me by the looks and reactions they gave when I brought of the Draco's name.

"Something I should know?" I questioned.

"Nothing sweetie. We're just not seeing the Malfoy's today. That's all," my mother smiled.

"Not seeing the Malfoy's?" I gasped. "What reason?"

"Finish up your breakfast," My father nodded. "We have other plans today."

"Other plans?" I snapped.

"We're having dinner with the Moonshine's , so I suppose you tidy up," my mother smiled.

I groaned as I stabbed my fork into my plate of untouched scramble eggs. Why weren't we seeing the Malfoy's today? It was practically a tradition to have dinner with them the first day of summer , and no matter how much I adored seeing Sarah I was still upset on how I wasn't seeing Draco.

Why did my parents seem so protective when I brought up the Malfoy's name? They obviously weren't telling me something. Sooner or later I was going to find out.

I pushed my plate of breakfast in front of me as I got up from my seat.

"I'm not hungry," I excused myself. "I'll be getting ready for tonight."

My mother nodded as I started away.

I turned the corner still able to make out the whispered my parents hushed to one another.

"It's getting dangerous," my mother whispered to my father. "The Malfoy's are too involved with the Dark Lord. She'll be putting us all at risk."

"Then let's tell her!" My father whispered harshly.

Tell me what? What were my parents hiding from me?

"We can't!" My mother protested. "She's practically in love with that boy. Telling her won't do any good."

"Well it'll do something! Maybe warn her? Educate her on the Malfoy's?" My father protested back.

"Educate her?" My mother chuckled still whispering like my father. "Educating her won't keep her away from Draco! If anything threatening her to stay away from the boy will make it worse."

I stepped out from around the corner as my mother gasped. She played it off with a joyful chuckle.

"Yes darling?" My mother smiled , acting as if nothing had just happened.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" I argued.

"What?" No," My father replied.

"Well it sure seems like there is!" I insisted. "Don't act like that whole conversation you two just had meant nothing."