chapter 5

I was walking to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Draco and Blaise. I had so much relief Pansy wasn't in this class.

The Yule Ball was coming up soon and no matter how much I liked Cedric I wanted Draco to ask me but unfortunately he hadn't gotten to asking me yet , but I still had hope.

I liked Cedric I will admit but Draco? I liked him way more. I didn't script for Draco to have feelings for me because I wanted everything to play out on it's own, so I wasn't sure if Draco even felt the same about me. All I knew , was Draco was the only person I actually wanted to attend the ball with.

My parents had already sent me the dress. It was a beautiful green dress that draped down to the floor. It was the perfect dress for me.

Sarah had already gotten asked to the Yule Ball. Connor has asked her. I always knew there was a thing between them.

As we arrived to class , I took my seat next to Hermione and Sarah. Draco sat across the room because the assigned seating.

The class bored me which resulted me in not paying attention to a thing that was said. All I could think about was the ball.

As class ended , I started out of the classroom with Draco and Blaise and parted ways with Sarah , Hermione, and Ron. As a surprise , I stepped out of the classroom to see Cedric with some of his friends.!

"Diggory!" I shouted and walked over to him. "I guess when you say you'll see me around , you'll see me around."

Draco and Blaise stood right behind me. Neither of them looked amused by the fact I was talking to yet again another Hufflepuff.

"I mean it is really a coincidence we always see each other," Cedric joked. I looked back to see Draco rolling his eyes at the boy.

I gave Cedric a small smile before turning back to Draco and Blaise. "I'll see you around," I smiled , annoyed at Draco and Blaise. Cedric got the memo and gave a small nod before turning back to his friends.

"Seriously, what is your deal hanging out with Hufflepuffs?" Draco questioned. I ignored his question and instead decided to let it be. I didn't feel like putting up with him.

We walked into the common room. Class was over and I was getting ready to go down by the lake to study again with Sarah and her friends as usual. I headed up to my dorm to change into more comfortable clothes.

Pansy wasn't in our dorm like normal. She must of been down back in the common room although I didn't see her. I threw on a shirt and grabbed my wand before heading out.

As I approached the common room , Pansy stood freaking out. She was hyperventilating and quite frankly was acting rather annoying.

"What happened?" I asked Pansy as I approached her. Draco sat behind her , unamused with the girl.

"Draco just asked me to the yule ball!" Pansy squealed jumping up and down.

I looked over at Draco and gave him a questionable look. He shrugged his shoulders at me and went back to watching the girl freak out.

"Good for you I guess?" I spoke trying to keep myself under control. I tried to act normal , like the words that just came out of Pansy's mouth didn't affect me but secretly inside I was ready to cry.

Draco Malfoy, the one guy I had hoped to ask me to the ball asked somebody else. And out of all the people he chose Pansy.

I started walking away from the two , holding my tears inside. "Kimmie, where are you going?" Draco questioned , getting up from his seat.

"Like usual i'm going down to the lake to study with Sarah and her friends," I shrugged , stating the obvious

Draco nodded. "See you at dinner I guess." And without a response I turned around , heading away from the common rooms , containing my tears.