Sea Foam and Shattered Dreams

A/N I would like to thank Selflessgirl07 as she has been commenting on my past chapters. I wasn't sure about continuing this story, so thank you!

————————————-

songs for this chapter: where's my love - acoustic by SYML and hurricane by tommee profitt, fleurie

AS I AM ADMIRING, the mushrooms that are all growing on the north side of the trees, I hear Jasper mutter something from behind me. I turn around to find Finn putting a flower in Octavia's hair. I grimace, remembering Raven back at home.

I try to brush it off as I fall back to him, "Finn," I call out, "You know that one thing Pike taught us in Earth Studies?" He looks up at me with a confused look that says 'he taught us a lot of stuff'. "The thing about mushrooms or moss or whatever growing on trees, but only on the north side. Do you remember why?"

He looks at me weirdly before answering, "Why do you wanna know? I mean, we're here, we don't have class with him anymore."

I shrug, "I dunno, I just never really paid any attention to his classes, so I was just curious." My eyes widen when I think of an idea. I smack his arm, getting his attention. "Hey, you could teach me how to track."

He nods along, "Yeah, okay." He looks around before looking at a random plant a little farther ahead. "Hey princess!" Clarke turns around and scowls at him.

I'm guessing she doesn't like the nickname.

He barely touches the plant when I see that the stem is broken. He looks back up at me, "This was broken by something stepping on it and, judging by the splatter of mud on the leaf, it was heavy and running." I nod along but can't help but look ahead.

I gasp when I see a deer just a few years ahead of us. I smack his arm, getting him to stop talking. He glances up at me and I point in the direction of the deer.

He gasps and looks over at Clarke and says, "Thought there were no animals, Princess." He chuckles to himself as she rolls her eyes.

He takes a step forward, but steps on a twig, which causes the deer to whip its head around. I gasp when I see it's grotesque face. It's split down the middle as if someone has sewn another face onto the already pre-existing one.

"Let's get out of here." I stutter, grabbing Finn's and Clarke's arms so that they follow me.

After walking for a while, Finn pops the question.

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after ninety seven years? What changed?" I shrug, not knowing the answer to his question.

I glance at Octavia as she begins to spin around a tree, "Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell and now I'm spinning in a forest." She smiles in Finn's direction but pouts when he doesn't pay any attention to her.