Okay, Maybe Forgiveness Isn't So Bad

song: demons by imagine dragons

Bellamy and I watch over the grounder with Miller standing guard. I don't know where Elliot went, but I want to talk to him later.

"Did you talk to the Ark?" Miller says, breaking the silence. I shake my head, not wanting to discuss my father. "I told Digg's mom the news, John's dad. I'm supposed to talk to Roma's parents later." He murmurs.

"I can do that, Miller." I say to him. "You've done enough already."

"No, it's okay, I need to do this." He says and my stomach twists. I nod and look back at the grounder.

"Thank you for doing that, I owe you." Bellamy says from his place next to me.

"Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by grounders," He pauses and shakes his head. "I just wish we were getting some justice." His eyes turn icy as she stares at the grounder.

"We're not killing him." I warn, the weight of my sword on my back heavier than usual.

He shakes his head, ignoring me and taking a step closer to him. "You were a lot scarier with that face paint on." He murmurs and grabs some berries from the barrel beside him. He smears them across his face and laughs at the grounder's angry expression.

A sickening crack sounds out as the grounder slams his head into Miller's. A laugh escapes my mouth as I see blood run down his face from his disfigured nose.

"Shut up." He mutters, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Pick on someone your own size, Nate." I joke and he glares at me. I see Bellamy smirk in my peripheral vision. I take one last look at the grounder before saying, "Ai laik going gon get yu au kom hir." I am going to get you out of here. I scowl to mask my true intentions, but I feel Bellamy's eyes burning a hole into the side of my eyes.

Recognition lights in his eyes as he nods slowly. I see Bellamy glance between him and I, but I ignore it as I go down the ladder.

"What was that?" Bellamy asks after he jumps down the ladder after me.

"What was what?" I shrug playing innocent.

He grabs my shoulder and spins me around, stopping me from walking out of the dropship. "You know what." He says, crossing his arms.

"Do I?" I purse my lips and tilt my head, taunting him.

"Cut the shit, Hailey." He scoffs and I press my lips together and glance away. "What did you say to him?" He asks.

"Why? Did you feel left out?" I pout at him before chuckling.

"Piss off, Kane." He mutters, walking away, but stops after seeing Octavia. "You're still here?"

"I'm not moving until you let me up there to see him." She says from the floor.

"Get comfortable." He says, looking over at my annoyed expression before looking back at her. "I let him live, didn't I?" He says, trying to make peace. "Isn't that enough?"

"He saved my life and yours." She says, standing and looking him in the eyes.

"I know you think that way, but..." Bellamy trails off, meeting my gaze and pleading for help. I shrug and look away, silently telling him that this is his battle.

"That's the way it is." She presses.

"He's still dangerous." He tells her and I almost scoff. Of course he is still dangerous. He's a caged animal.

"Only because of what you did." She says and I nod involuntarily. Bellamy sends a glare my way and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever twisted connection you think you have with that animal, forget it." He hisses. I stand taller as I glare at him, willing him to meet my gaze. "You don't get to see him. End of conversation." He finalises and begins to walk away, but Octavia speaks again.

"Why do you even care if I ruined your life?" She asks, causing Bellamy to turn around. "You should want me to go up there. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll kill me." My eyes widen as she speaks. "Problem solved." She spits.

"Octavia." I start, but she turns her gaze to me and it is murderous. I know her anger isn't meant for me, but it is still unnerving.

"I know you didn't mean that." Bellamy says as she begins to walk away.

"Hailey." Clarke says as she enters, unaware of the siblings' quarrel. Her eyes turn to Bellamy, "Bellamy."

He immediately starts shaking his head. "The answer is still no. I'm not talking to Jaha." He bites.

"Hey, relax." She says, glancing at me with a questioning glance. I shrug, trying to keep the surprise off of my face as it is the first time she has looked at me since this morning. "That's not why I'm here." She continues.

"What, then?" I ask and her eyes flick to mine.

"The Ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here." She says, glancing between the two of us.

"What kind of supplies?" Bellamy asks.

"The kind that might give us a chance to live through the winter." She says glancing between the two of us. "I can't go myself because someone has to keep an eye on camp, but you two can go."

"I'll go." I nod and she smiles gratefully before concern crosses her features.

"Are you sure, though?" She says softly, as if treading softly. "What, with your burns and everything..." She trails off.

"I'll be fine." I say, trying to get the conversation off of my injuries.

I feel Bellamy's gaze on the side of my head before he nods. "Yeah, I'll go." He turns and glances at me. "I'm going to get my stuff. Meet you in ten." He says and walks off.

I turn around to leave, but Clarke catches my arm. "Hailey." She says, causing me to turn around. My guarded expression meets her restful one and I press my lips together. "I'm sorry." She says and her eyes glisten over.

After a moment of seeing her watery eyes, I wrap my arms around her shoulders and say, "It's okay."

She shakes her head, pulling apart. "No, it's not." She wipes a tear that fell down her cheek. "I made everything out to be your fault and that's not fair."

I shake my head, "It's okay, Clarke." I force out, trying to keep the emotion out of my voice. I've been weak and I need to bounce back.

She nods reluctantly before walking away. She stops and turns around. "By the way, you should talk to Elliot." She says and a small smile tugs at my lips.

"I will when I get back." I finalise, walking after Bellamy, preparing to walk to a possible untimely death.

---------

Do you guys like Elliot and Hailey's relationship? Lmk in the comments :)

Anyway, thank you for reading

If you enjoyed, please vote and comment as I love seeing them

Please eat and drink something <3

Love,

Abigail