Shocked to See What We've Become

Cold

Cold. That's all I feel when my eyes open. My veins are like ice and my head spins. If I hadn't opened my eyes I might not have seen what was in front of me. God, I wish I didn't open them.

In front of me, the grounder stands with whiplashes littering his skin and blood oozing out of every cut. Bellamy and Clarke stand in front of me and Octavia is at my side. Bellamy and Clarke have their eyes turned towards the grounder, so they are ignorant to my awakening.

"What have you done?" I mutter, catching their attention as well as Elliot's.

"Hails," Elliot says, making his way towards me. My vision fills with red as I make eye contact with him. I don't care that I passed out. All I know is that I don't want to see his face.

"Don't talk to me." I scowl before turning to Bellamy.

Upon seeing my gaze on him, he clears his throat. "We had too, Hailey." I narrow my eyes at him. "We didn't know if you had been affected by the same poison as Finn, or if you had just fainted and we..." He trails off as he notices my expression.

"Are you saying you did this for me?" I gesture to the grounder. "For Finn?" I turn my gaze to Clarke and her eyes cast downward in shame. I shake my head at them as Raven climbs up the ladder.

"What's taking so long?" She says, standing next to me. "He stopped breathing."

My eyes widen and I turn to her. "What?" Clarke and I say at the same time.

"He started again but next time he might not." She shrugs turning to the grounder.

"He won't tell us anything." Clarke crosses her arms, turning her gaze to the grounder.

I bite my tongue to keep insults from flying out of my mouth. "Wanna bet?" Raven smirks and walks over to a panel on the wall.

"Raven..." I warn, taking a step forward.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asks, stepping up beside me.

Raven tugs out a couple of wires and I immediately recognise them as the wires Raven warned Octavia about earlier.

"Showing him something new." She mutters, striking them against each other. They spark and I see the grounder's eyes widen in fear.

"Raven, stop!" I shout, putting myself between the grounder and her.

"Do you want Finn to die?" She screams at me and her eyes are murderous. I begin to shake my head, but she does something I never thought she'd do. She shocks me.

She plunges the wires onto my stomach and a blood-curdling scream escapes from my mouth. I fall to the floor as pain ripples through my body.

"Raven!" I hear Octavia scream, but it feels as if I'm underwater. "Stop! You're killing her!" My body stops shaking as I feel the electricity ebbing through my body subside, but the pain remains.

"I need Finn to live, Octavia!" I hear her scream.

"Not like this!" Octavia screams, stepping closer to me. I feel arms circle my middle.

"It's okay, Hails," Elliot murmurs. I try to get out of his grasp but my body is too weak.

"No," I mutter against his neck. "Put me down."

"Are you sure?" He mutters and I nod. He gently lowers my body to the floor. I stumble and have to grab onto the wall, but stay upright. I feel Elliot grab onto my waist to stabilise me.

"Which one is it? Come on!" Raven screams as she shocks the grounder. My already-quick breathing becomes even quicker as I watch his body seize up in pain. "He's all I have!"She shouts and shocks him again.

The world moves in slow motion as I see Octavia grab the knife from the floor and drag it up her arm. "No!" I yell, trying to push Elliot off of me to stop her, but the damage has already been done.

She looks to me and nods, mouthing, "It's okay." Then, she turns to the grounder and mutters, "He won't let me die." She points to one of the vials and asks, "This one?"

The grounder shakes his head as he watches her sadly. "This one?" He nods and she quickly hands it to Clarke.

"Thank you." She murmurs breathlessly before running down towards the ladder.

"Clarke!" I try to shout, but it comes out breathy. She turns to me and her eyes shine with pity. "Leave some for Octavia," I tell her and she nods grimly before going down the ladder.

Every breath feels like I've just run a marathon and my muscles feel as if they've atrophied. Elliot notices my wheezing. "You need to sit down, Hailey."

Despite my obvious injuries, I shake my head. "No." I muster up all of my anger to say. "I want to stand," I murmur.

He reluctantly nods as I untangle myself from his grasp and almost run to Octavia. She barely catches my falling body. "I'm so sorry." I cry into her shoulder.

"For what, Hailey?" She murmurs as tears blur her vision. "You have nothing to be sorry for." Her voice breaks.

I nod my head. "Yes, I do." I cry. "I could've protected the grounder better, or I could've made you stay with me when we were out in those woods." I shake my head. "I could've stayed with Wells and then Charlotte wouldn't have killed him. Clarke's right." I mutter, feeling the energy I had leave my body.

"Everything is my fault. I'm a murderer and that makes me worse than the devil" I whisper, but it's so quiet in the room that it sounds like a scream.

I hear footsteps get closer to Octavia and me, but I keep my head buried in her shoulder. "Kane." I hear Bellamy mutter. "Hailey." He places a piece of hair behind my ear and lifts up my chin. "Look at me."

I slowly lift my tear-stained face and my eyes lock onto his. "This is not your fault." He whispers. "None of this is. It's mine." He pauses, looking at Octavia. "She's my sister, so she's my responsibility." He mutters, turning his gaze back to me. "You are trying your best."

I shake my head and shut my eyes as tears escape. "What if my best isn't good enough?" My voice breaks.

He shakes his head in sadness before Octavia slowly hands my broken and bruised body to him. I hastily wrap my arms around his middle, forgetting what has transpired just in the last hour.

"We need to be better people, Blake," I whisper into his chest.

"You already are." I hear him say as he sets his chin onto my head and wrap his arms around me.

________

MY OTP IS SAILING AHHHHHH

THEY HUGGED >:) s m e x y

I hope you enjoyedddd this chapter because I think it is one of my better ones, but I could also just be crazy lol

If you liked this chapter, please don't be afraid to vote and comment as they made me very happy

kom taim nes gou,

Abigail <3