chapter thirty-two

Emily

I'd been at Harry's for two weeks now. All my boxes had been brought over to his and placed in one of the spare rooms. I still had no idea where I was going to be living but it didn't feel rushed into finding a place anymore, because as far as it looked, Harry was happy having me staying with him.

I looked up to the sleeping Harry that had me wrapped in his arms. Despite being asleep, he was still holding on to me tightly, as though he was afraid to let go. 

I attempted to remove myself from his grip by trying to lift his hands from my waist. That however did nothing but tighten his grip and have a groan fall from his lips. I tried a few more times, only to have the same thing happen.

"Harry" I said quietly, tracing my thumb along his jaw in hopes that he would wake up. "Harry" I repeated, this time louder. 

"Em please, I'm trying to sleep" He grumbled, his voice even slower and lower than usual. 

"I'm sorry, I need to go to work" I told him. Harry let out an even louder groan but loosened his grip on my anyway. "Thank you" I whispered, placing a quick kiss on his lips and getting up from his bed. 

I got myself ready, having to make my way to the guest room to get changed into the usual black skinny jeans and simple white shirt that all the staff wore. I pulled my hair up, pulling out some hair to frame my face before adding some light mascara.

"Hey" Harry's low voice called out. I stopped as I passed his door, turning to find him sitting up. Even in the dim light and far distance, I could see the frown on his face. "You didn't give me a goodbye kiss" He said. 

I walked into his room, trying to hide my small smile. Every day these past two weeks, I'd kissed Harry goodbye and it made my happy that he'd already gotten so used to it.

"Sorry, I thought you were asleep" I said quietly, stopping in front of him after he'd met me half way across his room. 

"Asleep or not, I will always want a goodbye kiss" He said, looking down to me and simultaneously placing his hands on my waist. He lent down as I cupped his jaw, pressing my lips against his soft ones. "I love you" He said after pulling away.

"I love you too" I replied, smiling up to him.

. . .

Once again, today had been a good day at the cafe. I wouldn't say it was the best because both Jack and Cho were off today, but we still got plenty of customers, nearly all of them being nice, and I was able to work in the kitchen for most of the day as well. 

I made my way up Harry's long driveway. I was definitely getting sick of having to walk up the entire thing after being dropped off by a taxi. I slipped Harry's spare key he gave me into the door, walking inside and shutting it behind me.

I placed my bag on the kitchen counter, looking around for Harry.

"Harry?" I called out, walking past the living room and making my way upstairs. I got no response and so I called out again. "Harry?" Once again, nothing.

I walked into his room, expecting to see him taking a nap seeing as I got no response, but instead, the bed was perfectly made and there was no Harry inside. 

I went to turn around before hearing a frustrated groan from his wardrobe. Beyond confused, I slowly made my way into his large wardrobe. 

Harry stood in the middle of the wardrobe, surrounded by boxes, clothes and shoes, holding two left black high heels and looking at them with furrowed eyebrows.