chapter thirteen

Emily

After spending the day with Harry, things felt like they were going to be ok. I don't know why I had thought of setting each other up on a date and suggesting it, but I knew it would make things between us easier. Maybe the two of us could hit it off with whoever we were going on a date with.

I'd told Harry I'd come to London again a week later, that way it wasn't always him that was flying over for the benefit of me. He'd tried to talk me out of that, telling me it would be easier for him to come to Ireland, but things went my way when I'd told him his date lived in London anyway.

Harry and I had also planned for this to be similar to a double date. We'd arrive at the same place, then disperse off to get to know our dates and then find our way back to each other so the four of us could spend time together.

"Just try it on" Molly pleaded, holding up her dusty pink, silk dress that was too short for my liking. "If you want to impress the guy, this will do the job. It's gorgeous" 

"Molly, that dress doesn't even look like it comes to my mid thigh" I responded, applying on some concealer and still refusing to take the item of clothing from her.

"Come on, you know it's easy to take off. It'll make things tonight go-"

"Molly" I cut her off, turning to face her. "I was joking when I told Harry I would actually be having sex with his friend. I'm not going to go and fuck some random guy that-"

"But he's not a random guy. Harry knows him and-"

"And nothing" I cut her off again, turning back to the mirror to continue blending in the concealer.

"Fine, but you have to wear this. It hasn't been worn in ages and there's no way I can fit into it with this" Molly replied, pointing down at her large bump that was now very visible from being twenty nine weeks pregnant. "Please, it's dying to be worn"

"Oh fine, would you just shut up though" I groaned, taking the tiny dress from her hands. 

"When I get back, that dress should be on" Molly warned, walking out of the bathroom and leaving me to get ready for my date.

I finished doing my makeup and decided on doing simple curls in my hair. I looked over at the dress that did not look at all comfortable. Groaning, I grabbed it, slipping it over my head.

I turned back to the mirror, pulling the bottom of it down slightly. I had to admit, Molly was right. The dress was gorgeous and it honestly made me look good. It hugged my body nicely and didn't come too low for my liking. Even though it was a bit short, overall it looked nice.

I grabbed my purse from the bathroom counter, pulling on some of Molly's heels and walking out of the bathroom

"Holy shit. I knew it would look good!" Molly squealed, eyeing me up and down as I walked downstairs. "And considering you're actually wearing it, I'm guessing you agree with me" Molly's lips turned upwards into a proud smile.