chapter six

Emily

After Harry and I had agreed to become friends, things were going pretty well. At least I think they were. He had flown back to London and I hadn't seen or spoken to him in two weeks, but I wasn't left with any feelings of hurt, anger or regret. So as far as I knew, things were going alright.

Molly was doing well and the little girl inside was doing just as well. She was healthy and as of last week, very lively and energetic. 

She had kicked for the first last Wednesday. Molly, Niall and I were watching a movie when it happened and Molly instantly reached for Niall's hand. Lucky for me, she hadn't stopped kicking for a week and I had gotten multiple chances to enjoy the feeling of the little one's feet pressing against Molly's stomach.

"This baby is going to be the death of me" Molly said, coming into my room, holding her back with Niall behind her, holding in his laugh. "You shouldn't be laughing. I'd like to see you carry a child inside you" Molly huffed, coming to sit down beside me with the help of Niall.

"You're so cute when you worked up" Niall chuckled, sitting beside Molly.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked, gesturing that they were in my room.

"Yes" Molly said, turning her attention from Niall to me. "We have to talk to you" I put down the pen I was using, giving my full attention to Molly and Niall instead of the monthly finances of the cafe.

"I don't like it when people say that" I said, sitting up and crossing my legs. Molly and Niall looked to each other and I realised this may actually be a serious situation. "The silence is killing me, what?"

"I'm moving to London with Ni. We think it's best for the baby" I knew this might happen, but I never thought about what I would actually do when the day came. I would now be running a cafe by myself, something I never really wanted to do. I'd be living in this apartment by myself, something that would certainly feel strange to do. I would no longer get to see my best friend everyday. 

Molly and I had been through everything together. We had met in primary school and we instantly clicked and became best friends. Everyone told us that we would drift apart as we got older, but that was the opposite to what happened. Everyday we would become closer and closer with each other, until it got to the point where we knew each other inside out and it was no longer possible to know anything else about each other. We'd both been there for first kisses, first dates, first relationships and first heartbreaks. We'd always stood up for each other whenever someone tried to put the other down. We wouldn't let anyone say anything rude about the other, and after a while, people learned to keep their mouth shut about us when we were around.

But now, she was moving. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for her. I was beyond happy that she had found the love of her life and was settling down to have her first kid with him. But there was also the gut wrenching feeling of knowing I wouldn't be able to see Molly everyday. I wouldn't be there every second of her life. No, that wasn't my job anymore... that was Niall's. And I knew, just by looking at the way he looked at her, the way he never failed to tell her he loved her, the way he was always there when she needed... that he was the perfect fit to being there for the rest of Molly's life.

"Em, why are you crying?" Molly's voice pulled me from my series of thoughts. I didn't realise I had started crying and I quickly wiped away the tears.

"There all happy tears" I told her, my eyes flickering between Molly and Niall as I smiled at the two. I flung my arms around her neck, careful not to squish the little one as I did so. "Thank you, for everything. You've been here for everything and I couldn't be more happy that your moving onto the next chapter in your life" I told her. "You've found yourself a good man and I am one hundred percent certain, that he's going to love your daughter just as much as he loves you"