chapter twenty-seven

Emily

I never thought that moving to London would be so much work.

Even though the cafe was opening for another week and a half, I still had to be in London soon so I was able to get things done before the cafe opened.

I had definitely had the most hectic week and a half of my entire life and I was praying to anyone listening, that things would start to calm down a bit.

My apartment was a mess. Everything was set into three piles, 'taking with me', 'donating or going to Molly' and 'store in rented garage'. So far, the 'store in rented garage' pile was the largest, mostly because I didn't have any use for a lot of my furniture yet, seeing as I was staying with Molly and Niall until I figured out where it is I was going to live.

I'd called Max and Bella into the small office in the cafe yesterday after realising that I was actually moving to London a lot sooner than I thought. I'd decided on having Max and Bella both co-manage the cafe. I knew it was something they were both working towards, whether it be for this cafe or not and let's just say, they were both extremely happy with my decision. 

Then there was what I was actually doing with my apartment. I was planning on just selling it, before realising that wouldn't work because it is literally, connected to the cafe. So, I called both Max and Bella into my office again, asking them whether one of, or both, would like to live there. They both found that it would be easier if at least one of them lived there, that way there would always be someone close by, and that turned out to be Bella.

I had also been on my phone, constantly ringing up the shipping company that was supposed to come and collect my stuff yesterday, only to be put on hold for nearly an hour each time before being told that they'd sort it out and call me back. Spoiler alert, they never did and it was always me.

I finally managed to have them come over and take my stuff after being put on hold for two hours. I definitely knew I would not be going back to that shipping company or recommending it to anyone.

But I guess, other than all of that, my life is going great.

Mum, Dad, Ally, Matt and Tommy were all on their way to take me to the airport. I was glad of this because it meant I could I could say a proper goodbye to all of them.

Molly was finally allowed to come out of hospital after being there for three weeks. And as far as I knew, her, Niall and Ellie were most likely on their way home now.

My phone vibrated from my back pocket. I reached down, grabbing it out as the screen showed a text from Mum telling me they were outside. 

I turned around, looking at the now empty apartment that only had a few items of furniture that I left for Bella, most of it being Molly's left over furniture that she was happy to give to her.

This apartment definitely held a lot of memories from only spending eight months and a half inside. 

I walked into over to my bedroom, remembering when Harry and I had painted the ugly green walls, white, only to end up having a paint fight.

I turned to the kitchen where I had spent a pretty decent amount of my time in, baking and cooking. I remembered when I made brownies but yet again, that resulted in me and Harry having yet another food fight.

My eyes flickered over to the lounge room where Molly and I had spent all our movie nights in, both huddled up under one blanket together and mainly just judging the characters for doing something stupid and being so dumb.

It was certain to say, this place held a hell lot of good memories, and I was sure that Bella would easily make many more.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears that had welled up in my eyes. I didn't realise how emotionally attached I'd come to this place.