chapter nine

Emily

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I slowly opened my eyes, the light from outside brightening up my room. I was warmer then usual and so I kicked my doona down only to notice I was wearing a black top. I shot up, looking beside me to see if there was anyone beside me, and fortunately there wasn't.

The familiar scent that accompanied the top, told me exactly who's it was. But I don't remember ever putting his top on. I don't even remember going to bed. Hesitantly, I pulled the top up, sighing in relief as I found I was wearing my pajama shorts. 

The aching of my head told me I had drunk something last night. But I don't remember drinking anything. I just remember seeing Harry standing outside of the cafe and following him upstairs. But the fact that I wasn't trying to shield myself from the light, told me I hadn't drunk that much.

I slowly got out of bed, Harry's top falling down to mid thigh as I stood up. I walked out of my room, finding Harry asleep on the couch wearing just his jeans. I had no idea why he slept with his jeans on, especially seeing as the were skinny jeans, but he looked comfortable and so I didn't put anymore thought into it. 

I walked into the open space kitchen, grabbing out a glass and filling it with water. I perched myself up on the counter, facing the living room and watching as Harry peacefully slept. 

He had one hand resting underneath his head and the other falling over the couch and just touching the ground. One of his legs was bent up, resting against the side of of the couch. His mouth was slightly agape, soft and quiet snores sounding around the apartment.

I went to pull my eyes away from him, only to do a double take as he moved. He removed his hand from under his head, grabbing onto a pillow and pulling it against his chest as he turned onto his side. I noticed it was the exact same position we used to sleep in and I quickly teared my eyes away from his sleeping figure.

I glanced up to the clock on the wall, finding it read 10:20. I placed my glass of water down, that had only had one sip taken out of it because I got distracted, and made my way over to Harry.

I didn't want to wake him because he looked so peaceful as he lay there, but I needed to know whether he too was drunk and why he was even here.

"Harry" I whispered, not being loud because I really didn't want to wake him. "Harry wake up" I whispered again. I knew I was being to quiet for him to wake up, but I didn't do anything about it. Instead I slowly sat down, turning around and leaning against the couch in front of him, looking at the morning sunrise through the window on the wall in front.

I looked down at Harry's hand that was resting beside me. I let my eyes flicker over the rings that he usual took off before he fell asleep. I wanted to just reach out and let my fingers twist around the rings as I used to, but I didn't, and instead rested my elbow on my knees, twisting around my own ring.

. . .

I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, gently shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes, the bright light from the window in the living room, shining directly into my eyes.

They shook me again, obviously not seeing that my eyes were opening. I let out a short groan and placed my hand on theirs, pushing it off before noticing how familiar it felt under mine.