chapter eight

Harry

"P-please" Emily sobbed. Last time she was having a panic attack, the only thing she wanted was me. But now, it was the opposite, and I felt my stomach drop from the fact that she no longer thought the way I did. But I couldn't think like that, because Em and I had agreed to become 'friends'.

I quickly stepped back, not liking the distance between us at all, but knowing she needed it to calm down. This panic attack was worse then last time, and knowing that it was because of me and not any big crowd this time, made me feel even worse.

I thought that Emily would calm down as soon as I'd stepped back. But as I watched her hands grip onto the counter tighter and the short and fast breaths that escaped her lips, I knew it was getting worse.

I was about to quickly turn and get some water, but as I watched Emily stumble slightly, I knew what was going to happen. I quickly jolted forward at the same time she wheeled around, reaching out to me. I grabbed onto her just as her knees gave way and she collapsed into my arms.

"Shit!" I quickly picked her up, taking her over to the couch and laying her down. I instantly reached down for her hand, pressing two of my fingers against her skin and fortunately, finding her pulse.

I realised that having Emily fall unconscious turned out to be better then her not. She wasn't able to think about anything, and that was what was helping calm her breathing.

I placed my hand on her forehead, finding out she was burning hot. I walked over to the apartment window, opening it and letting the chilly night air rush in. It was absolutely freezing standing by the window, but the cold would help cool Emily down.

I didn't really know much about what to do after this, and I thought about calling an ambulance just to be sure, but the sound of Emily's voice had me wheeling back around.

"Harry?"

"I'm right here, you're fine" I told her, crouching down beside the couch and thoughtlessly brushing her hair out of her face.

"How did I get over here? I thought we were-" Emily stopped, letting out a gasp and looking at me. "You carried me over here" She said at a whisper before letting out a giggle.

For someone who had just had a panic attack and collapsed into me five minutes ago, Emily was doing a hundred time better then she should be.

"Why- are you feeling ok?" I asked, pressing my hand back to her forehead, and hoping it would explain why Em was acting like this. I paused, my hand still resting on her hot forehead as I realised, this was the vodka's doing and it was only catching up in her system now. 

I could tell she wasn't drunk, but that didn't mean she wasn't tipsy. And tipsy Emily was somehow still hard to control.

"You're just sooo kind" Emily said, sitting up and flinging her arms around me, making me quickly place one hand on her back and the other on the floor to stop us from falling.

"Alright" I heaved, pushing us up so we were standing, causing Emily to hold on to me tighter as she let her legs dangle off the ground. "I think tonight should be an early night" I told her, leaning over so her feet would touch the ground. 

"I think so too" She giggled, grabbing my hand and leading us to her bedroom. 

"Mm, no... I mean for you Em" I said, as she pulled me into her room, flicking her light on and closing the door.

"It's fine Harry, we've slept together heaps of times before" She said, walking over to her bed. I turned to her door, letting out a long groan as I rested my forehead against it.

"I can't Em, as much as I want to, you'll hate me for it in the morning" I sighed before turning around to face her and instantly regretting it, because Emily had just pulled up her familiar, loose and very revealing pajama shorts as she looked at me, only wearing her bra that cupped her breasts perfectly.

My eyes lingered over her perfect body for a second longer then needed before I turned around again. 

"But you just admitted to wanting to go to bed next to me as well" She said, and I didn't need to look behind me to know she was pouting.

"That's because you always forgot everything when you drink, so I know you won't remember me telling you" I sighed, resting my hands against her door.

It wasn't even a second after I'd spoken that Emily was behind me, her front pressed up against my back as she slid her arms around and under my top to sit on my stomach. "Can I please wear your top?" She asked, absentmindedly tracing her fingers gently over my stomach.

"Will you go to sleep?" I asked, trying to ignore the feeling she that erupted inside me as she stayed hugging me from behind.

"I'd rather go to sleep with you then your top" She giggled, resting her head against my back.

"Well you can't" I sighed, turning back around, making her arms fall to her sides. She still hadn't bothered putting on a top or hoodie, making me let out another sigh. "You can have my top" I told her, causing her eyes to light up. I let out a little chuckle before pulling up my top.

My eyes fell back on hers as I pulled it over my head. Her eyes were flickering over all the tattoos on my front and before I knew it, she had reached forward, letting her fingers trace over the ink on my skin.

My own eyes searched her her own, watching as her blue ones, flickered over my tattoos with a bright, yet lustful look in them. It was only when her fingertips had traveled all the way down to the fern leaves, tracing over them dangerously close that my breath hitched. I grabbed onto her waist, pulling her back slightly as a twitch in my pants brought me back to what was happening.

"Em please, you need to go to bed" I said quietly, grabbing her hands that had reached out to trace the leaves etched on my skin again. She looked up to me, giving me a pout before resting her forehead against my bare chest. "Come on" I said, gently lifting her head and pulling my top over her. It took all my will power to not let my eyes travel over her body for what would be the last time. I pulled the top down completely, only letting my eyes rake up and down her body once she was covered.

As usual, my top came down to her mid thigh, falling past her shorts and still managing to make her look effortlessly good.

I watched her as she turned and walked to her bed, slipping under and snuggling into her doona cover. I turned her light off, turning to leave, but remembered that Emily hated waking up with knotty hair. I walked over to her side table, grabbing a hair tie and pulling her hair up into a bun for her.

"Thank you" She whispered. I didn't even hesitate about what I was saying next.

"Anything for you" I whispered back. I turned around, making my way back out in the dark.

"Do you mean that?" She asked, making me stop.

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't" I told her honestly, earning a happy hum in response before I continued on my way out, closing the door behind me.

I thought about sleeping in the now spare bedroom that still had Molly's bed in it, but then I thought about the amount of times her and Niall would have had sex on the bed, and I instantly turned to the couch instead.