Heiress 30: Losing her rights

Heiress 30

Jace's POV

I woke up early so I took a bath and prepared myself earlier than usual. I remebered that this is our last day in visiting the Frostwood Academy, which I found out belongs to Lavalee's brother, Mr. Frost Hanazono.

I wonder, if her brother have that prestigious school then why did she choose to study at a dangerous school like Red Fire Academy. I did a little research and it turns out that most of the students of Red Fire Academy have a tainted record, for example, some of them were ex-convicts from rich families.

I went out and heard noise in the kitchen making me shake my head. Here she is at again. I went inside and I saw Lavalee struggling with cutting a frozen chicken.

"Here." I said and took the chicken. I took it and placed it in a clean bowl

I poured hot water from the kettle to make it warm and to remove it from being frozen. I saw Lavalee looking at me so I raised my borw at him.

"Is that how it should be done?" She asked and I nodded.

After a few minutes I poured the water to the sink and placed the chicken on the cutting board. I watched her as she held the knife. She was able to slice it neatly and evenly.

"What are you cooking?" I asked her

"I – I'm trying to cook..." her voice faltered and I looked at the phone on the table and that's when I saw what she's trying to cook.

"Chicken cordon bleu?" I asked her and she nodded

Something seem off with her today. I held her shoulder and she looked shock.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she shook her head harshly

"I'll help, I just need to follow this right?" I said and showed her the note on her phone

"Okay." She said and continued cutting the ingredients.

I cut the vegetables on another chopping board because Lavalee told me that if I chop those on where she chopped the chicken there will be cross contamination. She washed the chopping board she used earlier as I chop the vegeteables.

After that I placed it on a plate and she strictly said that it should be grouped according to which goes first and which goes last. I had no choice but to follow her.

"What temperature?" I asked her

"Medium to low heat." She replied so I held her hand and opened the stove with it. I saw how she got a little startled when she saw the fire.

"This is medium heat." I said and showed her the difference. She nodded and we continued cooking.

"I'll just wake them up." She said and took her phone after we finished cooking.

We're just waiting for it to cool down a bit before transferring it to the serving bowl.

"She cooked?" Chelsea asked when she arrived so I nodded

"Chicken Cordon Bleu?" she asked and I can see that she can't believe it

"Anything wrong?" I asked and she looked at me with narrowing eyes

"You helped her. Didn't you?" She said with narrow eyes

"So?" I asked her and she sighed before smiling

"Thank you. You may not know why but still thank you." She said and left to go to the back door.

She's acting weird, actually even Lavalee is acting weird because if she's astonished with fire then how come she's afraid of cooking and doing things in the kitchen?