Chapter 19: Tissue Issue

Y/n's PoV:

His lips quivered on a way as if he want to say more. He wants to say something, but he was still so carefully invested on thinking of how he would deliver his words to me.

He slightly loosen his grip on my shoulders before exhaling deeply through the warm mansion air.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry but I think we should... we should probably stop for now."he finished with a sigh.

My brows furrowed in confusion. What on earth is he talking about? We should stop the what? He might be talking about the American white bread lunch meal or the broken icecream machine of McDonald's, we would never really know.

His statement doesn't make any sense.

"What are you talking about?"I uttered as I stared at him with complete puzzleness.

Quinton shook his head as he sighed once again. He swiped out his tongue to his dried lips, trying to break our eye contact. I don't know what he's going to say but he looks perplexed.

After an unconventional moment of silence, he finally spoke, "I think we should stop kissing for now."his veiny hands slowly left its hold from my arm.

WHAT? I almost laugh on that thought. Almost. Is he actually serious? We're stopping with our rendezvous for what? Why? If it involves the Corona Virus then aight, I'm out.

A part of me was hurt by his news. Somehow, deep inside, I still don't want to accept what he just said. What the hell is wrong with kissing me? It just  sounds so ridiculous.

We only kissed for like two times! Just to be clear, two times here in Sway House, I meant. I forgot how many times in the past though. Exes really be doing this kind of stuff smh.

"Y/n listen, I don't want to cause yoy any harm. There's so many things I prioritize, I just want to be safe and so are you."he emphasized. He then touched my cheeks, rubbing small circles on it in a comforting way.

I reached his soft hands, "But you don't have to, Quin. Stop acting like you're about to pass out anytime time... you are safe, especially in here. We're all safe."I insisted with pure desperation.

He looked away while he silently thinks to himself. Now I have this sudden urge to shove him to the wall and kiss him. His tongue wasn't helping at all. Goddamn, what are we even talking again? I lost track.

"Do we even still like each other?"

I didn't answer him as I was caught off guard. I wasn't ready for that question! What was he thinking? Obviously, I wouldn't dare to answer that because I might say something embarrassing and it will just mess everything up. It's better to be mysterious, although I couldn't really 'cause I'm so talkative.

"Fine then. Now that we still don't know the answer, let's just... take things slow."he muttered, backing away from me, enough for an air to circulate around us.

I breath slowly, "Q, what do you expect me to say? That I love yo—"I tried to respond but he quickly cutted me off by kissing me full on the mouth, shutting me up on that instance.

He pulled back once he was done. He playfully rolled his eyes while I stood there shock, blushing from what he did. I can still feel the ghost of his lips that was attached to mine, making my face turned easily pink.

Lord. Now I'm not planning to shut my mouth up any time soon if he's just going to reward me with a kiss but I decided against it.

"I hope that's enough."he clicked his tongue.