Chapter Eighteen

When morning came around, Lani and Dana had another meeting. This one was regarding where Lani would be after she had married Jeremy. Lani explained to Dana that they were planning on moving around a lot. Lani still had her work to do around the base, but Jeremy still worked predominantly in the city, and so they would find a way to work it out. The two of them were planning two weddings, too. One of which would be for their families alone, the other they would have at the alien base. Jeremy had grown to be fond of the idea, as he wanted to do whatever he possibly could to make Lani happy, and her work made her happy. Her second family made her happy. As such, the two of them had agreed to have another wedding nearby the aliens when the time came to it.  

"You're welcome to stay, of course, Dana," Lani had told her. 

"We shouldn't overstay our welcome...perhaps one more day," Dana said. 

Lani gave a smile of agreement, then, and so it was decided. The Tuldrox and Galaveri people would remain with the Chadwick and Hall family until it was time to leave again. 

All the while this conversation was going on, Peia and Nova had some serious discussing to do. 

Peia's childhood memories included being very fond of a girl on Tuldrox. Peia hadn't remembered her name. Regardless, Peia knew that she had been her first love. However, the two had been separated by cruel fate when they had been evacuated from the planet. Peia knew that she got that familiar feeling when she looked towards Nova. That had been why she had kissed her, and as much as she knew the risks, Peia was a free-spirit. She didn't see anything wrong with a little risk taking every once in a while. 

Nova, on the other hand, had been completely taken by surprise. She had spent the night in Aurora's room but hadn't mentioned what had passed between herself and Peia even once. All that she could truly do was repeat the situation over and over again in her head but it still didn't make sense to her. 

That was why, of course, when the two of them headed into the kitchen at the same time the next morning, Nova had simply been silent. 

Ultimately, though, Peia wasn't all-too-sure what to say either. She knew that she didn't want to lose Nova, but she was slightly worried that her kiss had been off-putting in one way or another. 

She tried to shrug the thought away as best as she could. 

Meanwhile, a well-rested Colt had headed down the hall to find Dana in Lani's office. 

He didn't mean to pry, but he couldn't help but catch on to what the two of them had been speaking about. 

"So...you're certain that opposite magic defeats its, well, opposite now?" Lani had asked Dana. 

"Positive," Dana stated. "I can only assume that Aurora's uncle was an air form, and as a fire form that was why she had the ability of stopping him," she said. 

On the other hand, earth forms, in Dana's mind, could be harmed by water forms. Fortunately, Dana did not presently know any of those. 

"Incredible," Lani had said. 

Lani was one of the only humans, besides Colt and her family, of course, who actually regarded the powers of the Tuldrox and Galavers with admiration. 

Some humans, on the other hand, such as Colt's brother Lark, who he thought about now, did not have as pure intentions. 

This was the main reason why Aurora had to remain hidden. They weren't sure what would happen if humans everywhere suddenly became aware of the fact that there were living, breathing aliens with abilities on their planets. As with most social issues, though, Colt could tell that there would be much controversy around the subject. He exhaled a little in relief at the knowledge that Aurora would be alright where she was at the moment.