Chapter Nine

The next morning, Nova waltzed into Dana's office to let her know what had happened with Leo the previous day. Dana made a mental note to herself to remove all blackberries from the base. After all, it appeared that the Tuldrox were allergic to them. Dana and Nova both took baskets of them outside and into the forest in order to dispose of them. It was then that Nova had a considerable shock to her heart, for she saw that a short distance from them stood a large, grey wolf. 

"Dana!" Nova whisper-hissed. 

Dana turned to look in her direction then and just exhaled. 

"Oh, right, Percy." 

"You named the wolf?" Nova asked. 

"Of course, I named the wolf. Peia charmed it and now it acts as one of our guards," Dana explained as she smiled towards the gorgeous creature in front of her. It simply met Dana's gold eyes with its own luminous green ones, before respectfully bowing its head to her. Essentially, even forest creatures were knowledgeable of Dana's status at the society. 

Nova just gave a nod as she exhaled in relief. 

"Right, of course she did," Nova said. However, her heart rate was still much quicker than it had been when she had first stepped into the forest. Fortunately, the berries were now all gone, and so Dana and Nova were able to head back inside the base. 

Nova managed to calm her heart rate before heading down the hall to find Aurora sitting on her bed with her eyes closed. At least, Aurora had been sitting on her bed, until she began to float, that is. She opened her eyes then and looked slightly startled to see Nova in the hall, but she closed them again and calmed her mind before returning to the bed. She then stood up and went to see Nova, who gave a brief look of admiration towards Aurora's now-silver uniform, before speaking. 

"Hey you," she said warmly. 

Aurora smiled in her direction. 

"Hello," she replied, gazing with adoring eyes at her best friend.

"How did training go yesterday?" Nova asked her. 

"Pretty well, I didn't kill anyone," Aurora said. 

Nova just gave a nod of understanding. 

"Well, glad to hear it, Aura," she replied, "Maybe we can spend the day together now," she wondered aloud.

 Aurora met her with an apologetic expression. 

"What is it?" Nova asked, knowing that look better than anyone. 

"I promised Leo and Colt over text that I would help them out today," Aurora said. 

"Wait...you have a phone now?" Nova asked.

She looked towards the small silver device that Aurora was tracing a finger over the back cover of. 

"Apparently so. Dana had Lani get her team to make them for us," Aurora said. 

Dana had a close friendship with Lani after she had taken care of her when she first arrived on Earth. Without her help, the extraterrestrial society base and sanctuary may have never existed. So, now if Dana ever needed anything, she knew who to go to in order to get it. 

"You don't think they have spy cameras in them, do you?" Nova wondered. 

Aurora regarded her with slightly narrowed eyes. 

 "Well, you never know," Nova stated. 

"They're safe, Dana had them de-chipped," Aurora told her.