Part 12: The Traitor

POV: Katie

"Let's go sit in the fields," Travis said.

I wondered why. I just hoped he doesn't eat all of my strawberries while we're there.

"Rosy," I looked back at my little sister as Travis took my hand in his, "go back to the cabin, ok?"

Rosy nodded and sped away to our camp home.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" I asked Travis. He was kind of dazed off so I shook him. "Trav?"

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" I restated. "Did I... did I do something to upset you?"

"Katie, no. You didn't do anything," that reassured me a bit.

"Then what is it?" I pressed.

Travis stopped in his tracks, "People are going to tell you some things about me," he sighed.

"Are they true?" I questioned.

All Travis did was look down.

"Travis?"

"Yes. Yes, they are. But I don't want you to be hurt by them, ok?" He cupped my cheek with his hand, "You aren't going to like them, but you have to trust me."

I nodded. "What kind of things?"

"I'd rather not tell you..." Travis looked at his feet again.

"Well, I'd prefer if you told me," I countered.

"Kates...."

"Travis..." I said sadly, "please..."

"One girl that I dated..." he looked at his feet, again, "I...I..."

"You what?" My temper was rising.

"I cheated on her..."

"You what?!" I exploded. "Travis! Who?!" I yelled.

"Shh! Katie there are people still sleeping!" He whisper yelled at me.

"I don't care!"

"You really want to know who it was?" He asked me.

"No!" I stormed off and ran back to my cabin.

I heard footsteps behind me, then a sharp pain in my back and through my stomach. I look down and see a large blade poking through my abdomen. It was yanked out sharply.

I look behind me and see my stabbed.

Luke. Travis' brother. The traitor.

If you can't tell...I'm very bored. Any way. Thanks for reading my trash!

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count: 325)