Meeting the Avengers

I laid on the couch, resting after our morning walk. It had tired me out more than it had in a while. 

Steve tossed a towel to me. "You can take a shower first, if you'd like. We'll be leaving in an hour."

"Leaving? You didn't say anything about leaving." I sat up and looked at Steve.

"I'm going to introduce you to the team. They'll like you." Steve smiled.

"Oh, so I need to dress to impress?"

He shrugged. "If you want. They won't."

I chuckled and grabbed the towel, heading to the bathroom. I got into the shower and washed myself thoroughly. When I was done, I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around my body. Tying my hair up into a loose bun to keep it out of my face, I stepped out of the bathroom and into Steve's room, which had become mine since I had moved in. 

Steve and I had grown closer, especially after last night. There was a warmth in my chest whenever I saw him, and I finally understood what it meant.

I grabbed my clothes from a drawer in Steve's dresser and put them on. I wore a simple pair of jeans and a tank top with a loose hoodie. Taking my ponytail out of my hair, I let it air dry.

I walked out of the room and Steve switched me places. He took a quick shower and put on a well-fitted, light blue shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

Steve smiled when he came out of the room. 

"How do I look?" I asked.

"You look great." 

I smiled. "Thanks." I grabbed my sneakers and put them on. "I'm ready when you are."

Steve pulled on his black leather jacket and nodded. I slipped the folder about Bucky into my backpack, threw it over my shoulder and followed Steve outside.

Steve hailed a cab and we went to the airport. When we entered the crowded building, a guard insisted on checking my backpack. I wasn't sure how he'd feel about the classified Russian file in it. 

Before the guard could search my backpack, a familiar face walked up from behind him, placing her hand on his shoulder. 

"Hey, guys. Tony told me to pick you up." Maria Hill smiled.

"Perfect timing, Maria." I smiled.

Maria still had a professional aura about her. It probably helped that she was also wearing a pencil skirt and blazer.

As Maria led us through the airport, Steve and I were flanked by security guards. I felt like the president. 

We went out into a hangar that had one jet in it. It was a white jet with the words "Stark Industries" on the side of it.

Steve placed his hand on the small of my back and gently moved me forward with him. Maria led us onto the jet and as soon as we were seated, it took off. 

Steve and I sat next to each other, my backpack on the seat in front of me. The seats were incredibly comfortable.

"So where are we going?" I asked, looking at Steve.

"New York." Steve smiled.

I nodded and looked out the window to my right. We were so high up, and I wished I was one of those people with the ability to fly.

After looking out the window, I relaxed into my seat and yawned. 

"Are you tired?" Steve asked.

"No." I lied. Another yawn came out and my eyelids became droopy. "Okay, maybe a little."