Falcon

Steve, Natasha and I stuck to the shadows as we crept through the little neighborhood. We soon got to the back door of Sam's home and I knocked. We needed a safe place to stay and come up with a plan, and this was the only place we could think of.

"Hey, man." Sam opened the sliding glass door and looked at us worriedly. 

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve said.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha commented.

Sam looked at me and I shrugged. "It's true..."

"Not everyone." Sam replied.

Sam moved aside, letting us in. I stepped inside, holding my left arm against my side. 

"Hey, the bathroom is in there, if you guys want to wash up." Sam offered, pointing toward a room to the side.

"Thanks, Sam." Steve said. He helped Natasha to the bathroom, then came back out to the main living room/dining room combo. 

"Alexx, are you alright?" Sam asked, noticing my arm.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I think I semi-healed some of my injuries..." 

"I've got a first-aid kit right over here, we can patch you up if you need it." 

Sam went to another room and came back with a first-aid kit, placing it on the dining room table. He opened it and started sorting through the contents.

I pulled my shirt off and started to examine myself. The gunshot in my shoulder and the one in my side were both cauterized. I reached up to my ear and it didn't hurt at all. Gently pressing against my chest, I could tell my ribs were mostly healed, but they still hurt.

"I think I'm fine?" 

Steve walked over to me and looked at my previous injuries as well. "How did you do that? You could barely walk earlier."

"Just after the missile hit at Camp Leigh, the fire came for me, but I...absorbed it?" I looked at my hands, turning them over. "It healed me apparently."

Sam and Steve looked amazed. "I didn't know that could happen." Sam replied.

Natasha came into the room, drying her hair with a towel. "It's not unheard of, someone gaining some amazing ability under stress. Looks like you got a good one."

I nodded. "Alright, I'm going to shower now. I feel disgusting." 

I went to the bathroom and quickly washed up, getting rid of all the dirt and grime and blood to the best of my abilities. When I was done, I dried off and let my hair air dry, hanging damply over my shoulders. I pulled on my tank top and jeans, Sam having washed them quickly with Natasha and Steve's clothes as well. 

I walked into the dining room and sat at the dining table with Sam and Natasha while Steve finished washing up. 

My headache came back suddenly and I held my head in my hands, bent over in a chair, trying to calm it down.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"I'll be okay in a minute." I replied.

My headache subsided and I sat up straight.

Steve walked over, his hair damp, and I couldn't help but look at his damp body as he stood over me, his hand under my chin as he looked into my eyes.

"Are these headaches normal?" Steve asked. "You could have a concussion."

"I don't think I have a concussion. Yet. I don't know where these headaches came from though." I shrugged it off, trying hard not to blush too hard.