Alexx Will Be Fine

Steve's POV 

Two days later...

I laid beside Alexx as she slept. She told me not to worry, and I trusted her, but I still worried about her mental state. 

Bruce popped his head into the room. "How is she doing?"

"Still out." I sighed. She had been unconscious for two days.

"Don't worry. She's never used that much power and energy in under five minutes. Her body isn't used to it."

"I know. It's just...how does she expect me not to worry about her when she does something like that?" I asked.

"I didn't expect you not to worry. I just meant I wasn't dying." 

I looked down at Alexx, who apparently was awake now. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

"Hold on. I believe that I've been out for a while, right?" She looked at Bruce.

"Two days." Bruce confirmed.

"Two days..." Alexx tapped her chin as she quietly repeated the words. She looked up at Bruce, eyebrows raised. "Really? I thought it'd be longer."

She then got out of bed and I got up with her. Bruce then left the room, closing the door. Alexx got dressed into some casual clothes and we headed for the living room. As soon as we got to the living room, Alexx was hugged by Nat. 

"I'm so glad you're okay." Nat smiled. 

"I was just resting, guys." Alexx chuckled.

Ryan and Miranda hugged Alexx as well and I smiled softly. Abby trotted over to us and rubbed up against Alexx, getting her to kneel down and pet her.

Alexx looked around and sighed. "Guys, I think we need a vacation. I am tired of being in this tower. No offense, Tony."

"None taken. I actually agree, to be honest." Tony shrugged. "Where would you want to go?"

Alexx thought for a moment and smiled. "How about Paris?"

Nat smiled as well. "Yes, that sounds perfect."

Tony clapped his hands together once. "Alright, everyone get ready. We will leave at..." He looked at his watch. "How does 7am tomorrow morning sound?" 

"That's perfect."