Aboard the Helicarrier

A/N: I have decided to rename Alexx so that she isn't confused with the X-Men character of the same name (Alex Summers). 

Steve's POV

"Nat, what did you do?" I asked as the woman Nat had electrocuted laid unconscious. 

"What I had to. She wasn't going to come with us, and you know that." Nat took Jones from me and pushed me toward the woman. "Now grab her."

I nodded and knelt beside the woman, gently pulling her to my chest. Her body was limp, and I felt bad we had to "kidnap" her.

Natasha pulled Jones through the halls toward the exit, and I followed closely. When we got outside, Clint and Tony were clearing the way to the quinjet a few yards away. Nat ran, practically dragging Jones behind her. I continued to follow, holding the woman tightly as we ran.

A man was suddenly beside me. He looked to be in his mid-twenties, maybe even late-twenties. "What are you doing? Why do you have Larvill? What did you do to Alexx?!" 

"Enough with the questions!" Nat stopped, causing me and the kid to stop with her. "Come with us, since you seem to know her." 

We all got into the quinjet, Clint behind us shooting arrows at the rest of the enemy men that wanted to fight. The jet took off as soon as everyone was on board. 

"I'll meet you guys at the helicarrier." Tony said through my earpiece. We watched as he shot off through the air.

Bruce looked at the woman in my arms. "Put her here." Bruce pointed to a stretcher that was fastened to the floor in the middle of the jet.

I carefully laid the woman onto the stretcher, Bruce strapping her in so she wouldn't fall off. We flew for a while, and I sat down, watching the woman. She was interesting, a fighter. 

"So, why do you have Alexx? What happened to her?" A voice came from next to me.

"I almost forgot you were here, kid." I chuckled. 

"Tell me."

I sighed. "We were ordered to take her and Larvill alive. Sorry."

"Why? What would the Avengers want with her?"

"Tell us your name first." Nat narrowed her eyes as she looked at him.

"My name is Ryan."

Nat continued to stare expectantly. 

"What?" Ryan asked.

"Last name too."

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Bishop. Ryan Bishop."

"Well, Ryan, Miss Monroe here is high up on a list of special people. So, we're taking her in to our boss. And now you're coming with us." Nat said simply.

"That's called 'kidnapping'." Ryan mumbled.

"Not when we're above the police." 

The helicarrier finally came into view and we soon landed. A couple medics came into the jet as soon as the back of it opened up. Tony landed shortly after us, his suit still on. Nat took Larvill off of the jet and to the cells below deck. Bruce helped the medics with Alexx and took her below deck to the infirmary. 

"Come down when you can, Steve." Bruce said to me.

I nodded. "Okay, I will." 

"What do I do?" 

I turned around and saw Ryan. "Ah, um..." I thought for a moment. "You can come with me. We're going to see Alexx after we check in with Fury."

"Fury?" Ryan asked, confused.

"You'll see." 

I led Ryan to the main conference room in the helicarrier. Inside, Nick Fury stood at the head of the table, Nat, Clint, Tony and Bruce all sitting around it. Ryan and I sat down with them as Fury began to speak.

"Ryan Bishop and Alexx Monroe." Fury tossed folders to each of us. Inside the folders was information about Alexx and Ryan. "They were assigned to eliminate Larvill. She is the best of the best. The FBI looked for him for several years with no luck, so they sent Walker on his trail. She found him within a month."

I flipped through the papers. There were pictures from security footage of Alexx and records of every assignment she had. I examined the records closer. She was the one who had captured and/or killed anyone the FBI or CIA couldn't find. They'd hire her to take them out.

"She is able to track these people down somehow, when no one else can. I thought that she'd be a great addition to the Avengers." 

"What about Ryan? What is he in this?" Nat asked.

"Bishop is her best friend and a great man when it comes to technology. He and Stark could get along."

Ryan raised his hand. 

"Yes, Bishop?" Fury asked.

Ryan put his hand down. "I don't think Alexx will be open minded about joining your team. She doesn't even know who you are."

"How does she not know the Avengers? Everyone knows the Avengers!" Tony exclaimed.

"She never cared to learn, always kept her mind on her work, her training." Ryan sighed. "When I met her, she had lost her memory. Everything she knows she remembers from the past two years. She doesn't remember much before that."

"That's info we got from your uncle." Fury nodded.

"You talked to my uncle?"

"No, we just got info about you and Alexx from every source we had." Fury looked at everyone. "Now, what do you think?"