The Proposal

Steve led me back upstairs to our room. He changed in the room while I changed in the bathroom.

Steve said it was a five star restaurant, and with it being in Paris, I knew I'd probably need to wear a dress.

There was a knock on the bathroom door and I opened it, Nat handing me a dress. "Here, this'll look amazing on you." she smiled.

"Thanks, Nat." I smiled and hugged her, then she left.

I looked out at Steve, who was dressed and sitting on the bed. I closed the bathroom door and quickly changed into the dress, checking myself in the mirror. I smiled, then pulled on some heels.

Once I was ready, I left the bathroom. Steve looked at me and his jaw dropped.

"You look beautiful." Steve smiled.

I blushed. "Thanks. You look handsome."

"Thanks."

Steve looked around nervously, and I grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's go to this secret restaurant."

Steve led us down to the exit and we said goodbye to the others. When we got outside, Steve hailed a cab, and we set off to this mystery restaurant. We pulled up soon, the Eiffel Tower so close to us.

Steve helped me out of the car and we went inside.

The restaurant was beautiful. It was elegant, like nothing I'd ever seen. It was too hard to explain, the restaurant very unique in design.

We we're easily recognized and a man led us to our table. We sat down and I looked around, astonished.

"Steve, this place is gorgeous. How did you -- "

"Tony insisted on paying for it." he smiled.

I held his hand and smiled. "Thank you."

The evening went on at a decent speed. Steve and I started with appetizers, which teased us into our main course. After that, we had dessert, the food very delicious. We gave our compliments to the chef, thanked the staff, then left.

Steve held my hand as we walked, and he turned us toward the Eiffel Tower. I smiled excitedly as we got closer.

Standing underneath the tower, I looked up, feeling very small.

"It's bigger than I imagined." I said, looking at it.

"Yeah it is..."

Steve looked at me with a warm smile, and I looked at him. "What's with the smile?"

"Nothing. I just love you." he smiled brightly. "Come on, we're going up."

"Really?"

"Yup." He grabbed my hand and we went to the elevator, then went to the top of the tower.

I watched the city as we went further in the sky, my wings wanting to spread.

The elevator stopped at the top and we got out. I went straight to the railing, nobody else around. I spread my wings, the feeling of the wind wonderful.

"Steve, look! It's beautiful!" I smiled, wanting to share the beauty with him.

The tower was lit up, as was the city. The fountain below was going, lit up and gorgeous.

"Alexx..."

I turned around and gasped. Steve was kneeling on one knee, a small, simple box in his hands. He opened it, revealing a gorgeous ring. Tears came to my eyes as he smiled at me, his cheeks red.

"Alexx...w-will you..." He cleared his throat and nodded to himself. "Alexx Monroe, will you marry me?"

I squealed excitedly and nodded as I cried, a huge smile on my face. "Of course I will!"

Steve stood up, slipped the ring onto my finger and I hugged him tightly, pressing my lips against his.

"I love you so much." I smiled,.

He smiled. "I love you too."