Chapter Eighteen

Rosalie helps Mkay into her dress, letting the fabric run down her body. The dress is simple nothing like the dress she would have worn once upon a time, this one is an off white, floor length, lace, spaghetti strapped gown and it fits Mkay like a glove. She brushes her hands over her dress and smiles. Rosalie touches her shoulder and Mkay looks to her.

"You look beautiful" Rosalie whispers warmly as Emmett knocks on the door before letting himself in.

"You two ready?" he asks and then pauses looking at Mkay. "Wow, look at you" he states. "You...you look just like mom" he admits, Mkay looks down at her dress and then back to Emmett.

"Really?" she asks, he nods.

"Yeah" he assures her and then pulls a box from his jacket. "Urm...this is more fitting now...it's not the exact same one but I had one remade...." Mkay takes the box from him and opens it to find a necklace in side. A replica of the one their mother wore for her wedding; the one she would have worn for her human wedding. A gold chain with a small but beautiful blue stone hanging off the bottom.

"Em" she whispers and looks to her brother who smiles back at her. "It's perfect" Rosalie takes the necklace and helps Mkay on with it.

................

Paul takes a breath and turns as the music starts, and she looks stunning. Mkay stood there on Emmett's arm. Paul's eyes sparkle; honestly they do. Seeing her stood there, on her way to marry him, he smiles, so wide that his jaw aches. Emmett leads Mkay towards him, and with each step Paul's heart scrambles to leave his chest. Closer and closer. His imprint. Emmett and Paul share a look, Paul nodding slightly, Emmett nods back and then he is moving to sit with Rosalie, Mkay raises an eyebrow.

"What was that?" she asks, Paul shakes his head.

"Nothing you need to worry about" he assures her as Sam stands with them, their official. Mkay looks sceptic.

"I urm...I did some research" Sam assures them. "And got ordained. So it is completely legal" he unfolds the piece of paper in his hand as Paul rolls his eyes. "So shall we just get started?" Paul shoots him a look. Sam smiles back at him before setting a more serious expression. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in matrimony" Sam offers and then looks to Paul. "Paul, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" Paul smiles.

"I do"

"Mary Kate, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do" Mkay answers.

"Paul, repeat after me; I, Paul Lahote, take you Mary Kate Cullen, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part" Paul looks to Mkay.

"I, Paul Lahote, take you Mary Kate Cullen, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part" he repeats warmly.

"Mkay, repeat after me; I, Mary Kate Cullen, take you Paul Lahote, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part"

"I, Mary Kate Cullen, take you Paul Lahote, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part" Mkay repeats.

"Rings" Sam offers, Seth moves closer to Paul who winks at the kid taking the ring from him and turns to Mkay. "Repeat after me" Sam starts. "I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love"

"I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love" Paul tells Mkay sliding the ring onto her finger. Rosalie moves to Mkay's elbow and hands over her ring. Sam nods to her, Mkay takes Paul's hand.

"I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love" she slides the ring onto his finger he changes his hold to pull her knuckles to his lips.

"By virtue of the authority vested in me under the laws of the State of Washington, I now pronounce you husband and wife" Sam announces and smiles. "You may kiss the bride" Paul pulls Mkay closer to him and presses his lips to hers. Her arms wrapping tight around his neck as he lifts her up, she smiles against his lips. Emmett and Rosalie share a look, the blonde hugging his arm to her. Carlisle is smiling warmly as he claps, Esme at his side just as happy. The vampires had been given an hour pass onto the reservation just for this. As long as they go back over to their side once it is over. Paul sets Mkay down and clutches her face in his hands.

"My wife" he whispers warmly, she smiles wide at him, her eyes showing just how happy she is. "I love you; so very much" he promises her. She touches his shirt and then smirks.

"Thank you" she tells him. "For this...for....everyday since I met you" he presses his forehead to hers. "For loving me"

"Always will" he adds stroking her back. "You're mine and I am yours"