𝟓.

Markeyvius Cathey

" Where yo' ass going ? " I asked Nassi standing on the other side of her screen door with my eyebrows knitted together

She was just standing there at the door , with this stupid ass look on her face like I didn't just ask her ass a question.

She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes making me open the screen door.

" Answer me." I said stepping inside only to see her mom , grandma , and Shanti in the kitchen cooking.

They was in here cooking and getting ready for the barbecue they usually have every year. My grandma was at the house cooking right now as we spoke.

" Why you here ? Yo' granny house down the street find your way there." She said placing both hands on her hips.

" Girl if you don't let that boy in." I heard her grandma say making me grin at her and push her out the way. Stepping inside and instantly went into the kitchen making my rounds kissing her grandma and mom on their cheeks.

" Hey nana , hey moms." I said standing between them as they both stood at the counter cutting onions and stuff up.

" Ew." Shanti said sarcastically said making me glare at her and shake my head.

" Don't make me call Fat." I said watching her instantly turn her head towards mine.

" Mind yours." She said pointing at me.

" Y'all been arguing since 8th grade. When the fuck y'all gone grown up." Nana asked making us look over at her. Her ass was always cussing , so it was nothing new.

She was the one who use to let us fight in the backyard. All the after school fights happened here , she fed us after school , made us do our homework , allat shit.

She didn't give a fuck about who ya' mama was , where you came from , what you did...as long as you respected her house and Nasir liked you.

Which was rare cause she don't like nobody.

" Where that girl going ? " I asked them and they both looked up a me. Shanti just held her head down continuing to cut up the fruit.

" Don't say it.." She said making moms laughing and I knitted my eyebrows together.

" Mane' nana it's line that? " I said smacking my lips and leaned up against the edge of the counter.