The Beginning

Kim Seokjin, he was 21 years old. An average age for an average preforming, average looking man, who had finished school with average marks. Yet he had come further in life than what was average for people his age.

Usually one would spend this stage of life partying, worshipping youth while it lasted or sorting one's past and future together. What they wanted to achieve, what was out of the picture and what just seemed unreachable. That wasn't the case for Seokjin though, instead he had skipped the planning phase and jumped right into the life many others wanted.

He was currently living with his two years older girlfriend, they had been together for five years and were living together as a happy couple. A loving girlfriend whom he had a mutual relationship with, they could fight and disagree, but in the end they always reached an agreement, those were the times 21 year olds longed for. The times when they could sit on the couch and cuddle their lover, but not everyone was as lucky as Seokjin had been, nor would everyone be as grateful.

"Hey Seokjin? Want to try again?" She spoke up on day, slightly tightening her grip on his hand. The couple had tried getting a baby before, it was one of their biggest wishes. Parenthood, it wasn't easy, but they knew they could make it through it. Seokjin wanted a child, it was on the list of life goals for many people and he was no exception. The thing though, is that one can easily wish for something but not always get it as easily.

Songhee had never been able to get pregnant. "Are you sure you are ready again?" Seokjin asked clenching her hand back and giving her a reassuring smile. He had to ask her, of course, he wouldn't have it any other way. They were both sad every time they had tried, but had been unsuccessful. Though they had chosen to stay positive, and tell themselves that they could try again later, it wasn't that easy to get over it, it brought nights of crying, reassuring, wishing and cuddling. They were lucky to have each other.

"Yeah, I think so." She smiled back and the two nodded, a mental agreement happening between two distinctive minds.

__

A week later, a tension once again filled their small apartment. Songhee was holding a pregnancy test, and they were settled together on the couch ready to see if they had been successful this time. "Ready?" She asked and sighed heavily, preparing herself for the worst. "Ready." Seokjin answered back. With that Songhee turned the test around. To pairs of eyes were plastered on the small display.

One stripe.

Two stripes.

"Seokjin. Seokjin!!" She yelled, tapping his arm vigorously with a huge smile on her face "We did it! I am pregnant! We did it!" Tears of joy started streaming down her cheeks and she threw herself into her lovers arms. Seokjin wanted to hug her back, wanted to scream and cry, just like she was, but his body had reacted entirely different. He was just sitting on the couch in a shocked state, he was happy of course, but after all the failed attempts he hadn't actually expected this to happen.

His mind slowly got accustomed to the thought and he finally opened his mouth, slowly whispering the words he had wanted to say for two years. "I'm going to be a father." It was first after these words had left his lips, that his arms wrapped around his pregnant girlfriend and his eyes became wet. "Songhee, I'm going to be a father. We are going to be parents!" He said, louder, almost screaming the words out. "Yes Seokjin, we are." She smiled and the couple exchanged hugs and a deep kiss.

__

Inevitably, the couple ended up at the hospital nine months later, a newborn baby in the woman's arms. "He is beautiful." She smiled, kissing the top of the baby's almost hairless head. "Just like his mother." Seokjin smiled and leaned over to his lover that was still laying on the hospital bed. She giggled and averted her eyes to her fiancé . "What should we call him?" The man asked, looking at the small bundle of joy. "I was thinking Kim Yoongi." She smiled, and Seokjin's eyes became teary.