6

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV

After our unplanned meeting with my mate and his whatever she is to him. I went inside the mansion, now here I am standing in the hall looking at my mother's portrait that she took when she finished her training.

Mine right next to her showing a fifteen year old Winter, my hazel eyes looking straight into the camera. My hair in a ponytail and I'm wearing our royal uniform my eyes were life-less for a girl my age.

When I look at her I want to say I saw someone that was scared but I never was. I knew what I needed to do, I know that my destiny was the thrown and no one not even fate could take that away from me.

I didn't want much from others, they just had to respect me and I would do the same back. If they didn't that was a choice that they made, I made sure to give them a reason to repect me and what I stand for.

For my eighteenth birthday I took another painting one where I was slightly happier, the lifelessnes wasn't completely gone from my eyes but now one could see a speck of joy.

This painting was put in a safe to be revealed to my mate once I was crowned Queen, on my twenty-first birthday.

As soon as the painter was done he put it in the safe. Only after my coronation would I be able to see it. It was protected by strong magic, if something were to happen to me before that the painting would be lost for eternity.

I may not be able to get my mate but I'll get a kingdom and my painting in due time.

"What are you doing here," her strong but soothing voice questions me.

"Looking at a princess, a girl who became a threat to many kingdoms before she even had her first kiss, and you?" I answer

"Thinking," she replied

I look at her and see her eyes transfixed on my hazel eyes in the painting. It was a beauty to look at but once you looked deeper into it one would see at its ugliness.

"About?"

"Why didn't you kill Taylor and take your mate and brother back?"

Closing my eyes I rememver they looked at the river earlier, I feel nothing. "Because I don't run after men," looking at her I continue," everyone expects me to choose a mate. Everyone in their kingdom expects me to threaten them saying 'my chosen mate and I will destroy you' but I see nothing useful in that. If he wants to choose her then let them be. If and when I decide who will reign beside me I will take care of that. For now, they are not the threat,"

"Word from the Capital is that they are a group of very skilled wolves. We are trying to track down where they came from and why they are here," the queen answered my unasked question.

"That's not enough, they have broken into four jail cells. Just to paint on the walls 'soon'. The only reason we went to King Wayland's was to get information. This new threat has done the same thing in their territory,"

I don't wait for her to continue before I  turn and leave, making my way out of the halls, I walk done to the fields. Everyone I pass either shows me their neck in submission or slightly bows to me. At the mansion, there isn't really that many people, but there is enough to fight a small war if we needed to. Back up is never to far, we always stay close.

Walking into the fresh air, I look around to see if I could find Bean. I find him sitting up in a tree next to a squirrel both having acorns in their hands and nodding their heads.

Bean is really special

"Yes, hopefully, he doesn't fall out the tree like the last times," I remind her. I sigh closing my eyes looking to what the hounds are doing.

Are you ok Rose

"Never better," I reply looking through one of the hound's eyes. This hound is new and will be with me for a while. He was a very naughty wolf.

Bean: Is there a reason you are standing in the sun with your eyes closed?

Winter: Guess

Bean: You are trying to grow some brain cells.

He all but yelled in the mind link. I could hear the smugness in his voice.

Winter: It's doesn't work because I've seen you do this a million times so no. I'm just wondering when you are going to fall out of the tree.

Bean: When I'm allowed to get some food.

Winter: Bean I've never stopped you. You are just not allowed to go by yourself or you'll eat all that is in the house as the last times.

Bean: I have a very interesting conversation with a squirrel to get back to. And it only happened because it was my birthday.

I close the link and focus on the hound. He is in Wayland's territory, to everyone else he looks like a cute puppy, to me I see someone trying to redeem themselves for all the bad they have done.

Opening my eyes I find myself walking next to the hound with a lease around its neck. We past by a shop window and I see the way I look. Blue eyes look back at me, pin-straight hair down to my shoulders. I'm wearing a black and blue sunflower dress. I have on black flats to match. My face still the same just these little changes will make it harder to find someone most people have never seen.

What are we doing here?

"Shopping,"

And.....

"Getting some information,"

And.....

"The king is also in town looking for a gift for his fiancee"

"We can change his gift and cause a little trouble, " Thorne said with so much joy I couldn't help but smile.

"Of course" with that said we continue walking down the road to a small café.

After ten minutes a car pulls up and he walks out. No one recognizes him because of the clothes and wig he wears but I do.

This will be so much fun.

ⒶⓃ

9/20